New Vandenberg

A friend of mine just shared this.

Pretty solid if this is your taste in music. Took me back about 30 years ;)

Thanks for posting, I remember seeing Vandenberg back in the 80s. Ronnie Romero is a great singer; I actually thought the last couple of minutes of that track sounds quite Dio era Rainbow ish, very much reminds me of Stargazer.

He's been touring the last few years with his band Moonkings.

This new record is pretty old school. Singing style is not my cup of tea. Guitars sound great though.

Thanks for posting, I remember seeing Vandenberg back in the 80s. Ronnie Romero is a great singer; I actually thought the last couple of minutes of that track sounds quite Dio era Rainbow ish, very much reminds me of Stargazer.
Yeah... I learned about Ronnie Romero maybe a year ago as he was singing with Blackmore's recent Rainbow reboot.

Definitely has a lot of of Dio influence.

cool guitar playing, Id get bored hearing it more than a few x; I hear dio, zeppelin, and some w. snake
Yeah... I really don't listen to that style of music much, and that's pretty much stuff I grew up with so it's sort of "in my blood".

It was my favorite music style a long time ago, but I find it hard to really get into anything new as my tastes have evolved. If that came out 30 years ago I would have been excited ;)

Not surprising that Vandenberg was picked to join whitesnake
this sounds like a younger little rougher Coverdale to me

The best era and song of Rainbow! 🤘🤘🤘🤘

sounds like a song from ‘Rainbow rising’.

thanks
Pauly

The best Rainbow song of the best Rainbow album of the best Rainbow era. The album with which Ritchie demolished utterly Deep Purple Mk. IV. Especially the epic tour in support of that album. Whose only major flaw was that they played so damn little of that album. Which is like Pink Floyd touring to support Dark Side of the Moon or The Wall, and hardly playing anything of those album at all. And still turning in a great tour. And FYI, there is a Pink Floyd of a bootleg where they kind of did just that. Where they wanted to play DSOTM material, experienced major technical difficulties with their props, so they pulled out Atom Heart Mother for one more last time.
Too bad for Ritchie he let Dio go to pursue dreams of AOR friendly rock in the US, because Dio would go on to greater heights revitalizing Black Sabbath, leading to the great Kirk vs. Picard debate of metal, which was the greater Sabbath front man, Dio or Ozzy?

Vandenberg's "Burning Heart" got a lot of MTV play and is awesome. One of the first solo's I figured out on my own growing up.

What was the story with his hand? I recall he was warming up on a piano and his ligaments busted or something awful that had him out of action for a long time. I'll have to google.

it doesn’t sound like this song at all...he was a fixture in central new york...I saw him with the Elves singing Beatles covers...it was great.

I believe The Elves became Elf which (essentially) became the first incarnation of Rainbow when Blackmore inserted himself ;)

Back
Top Bottom