New User - Top YouTube Tutorials?

Rolf1

I'll begin by saying, I'm brand new to Fractal as well as the FXIII.
My FXIII is still in route to me and I'm trying to get a jumpstart on my education.

Since they're are a plethora of YouTube videos out there, I'm trying to sort out the good ones from the other's.
Can you recommend some decent channels that provide excellent beginner tutorials? Yes, I've been reading the manual but videos are great too.

Thanks folks,

The following have been my go to resources for as long as I've been using Fractal units. You can't go wrong with any of them, and they're all here on the forum too.

Leon Todd (@2112) - Loads of tutorials, prests, IRs, and always amazing playing

Cooper Carter/G66 (@Cooper Carter) - His masterclass is well worth the investment and will answer most of your questions. Plenty of brilliant videos on YouTube too - usually through G66 for AxeFx tutorials

AxeFx Tutorials (@chris) - Another great source for tutorials and live streams

Brett Kingman (@Burgs) - Mainly demos, but always shares presets and another killer player

The following have been my go to resources for as long as I've been using Fractal units. You can't go wrong with any of them, and they're all here on the forum too.

Leon Todd (@2112) - Loads of tutorials, prests, IRs, and always amazing playing

Cooper Carter/G66 (@Cooper Carter) - His masterclass is well worth the investment and will answer most of your questions. Plenty of brilliant videos on YouTube too - usually through G66 for AxeFx tutorials

AxeFx Tutorials (@chris) - Another great source for tutorials and live streams

Brett Kingman (@Burgs) - Mainly demos, but always shares presets and another killer player
thanks for the mention. i'm on a break due to a back injury, but have been wanting to make a free series like "new to fractal, just got a FM3" or something.

one day.

If you need to get up the learning curve on the software side like using FractalBot, updating firmware, and how to use the editor and preset manager to organize your sounds and manage your presets in banks, watch the Naked Amps video tutorials and using Axe-Edit. That will get you basic concepts.

If you want to learn how to make specific sounds as a focus, all the guys named above are terrific and offer great advice in their videos. Can’t go wrong.

Last edited:
Leon Todd is where you should start, then after you see his videos look at Cooper Carter.

If you feel you still need a much deeper dive then you can purchase Cooper Carter's class which a lot of people swear by.

James

For a total beginner, I'd say that Rosh Roslin's videos have a big advantage in being numbered, each having their own themes which is easy to find from the titles. I find this really helpfull when you start out. The others make great videos too. Leon Todd basically sold me on the AXE FX3 after having watched his videos for months.

Back
Top Bottom