New user somewhat confused

acwild said:
mortega76 said:
P.S.S. I forgot... Welcome to the forum!!!! Don't be a pussy!!! ;) J/K... Wait until you have to ask Jay anything...

I don't know why but this made me spit my drink out. :lol: I've learned a lot from Jay (the stuff that I could understand anyway) but when he starts going Gordon Ramsey on some people, I just gotta pull out the popcorn and watch the fireworks. Great entertainment.
I love me some Gordon Ramsey!!!! I've never really watched "Hell's Kitchen" but the show in which he helps restaurants pull out of the pits is awesome!

Jay should have his own show called... Impulsive Response (from Hell!!!!). It would be a show where he would get 8-10 n00bz together and have them create him the ultimate IR, then week by week the shittiest IR creator would get eliminated, then the best one would have the distinction of being put in the Axe-fx firmware 8.00!!!!... I would definitely love to be on that show and/or watch it!!! Imagine all the fumbling on in the studio!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Nuthin' but love for ya Jay!!!

Welcome Stratman. I have a few weeks of "experience" to share with you:

Do not ask what FRFR means.
Same for IR.
If you upgrade and the sound goes away, definately do not ask.
Do not ask for a shipment date on the MFC-101.
Same goes for the Atomic FR.
Haven't read the release notes? Do it NOW!
If you think a 15" monitor sounds better than a 12" and feel like sharing it - get prozac first!

Seriously it seems all is fine if you just search before you ask. The place is really a fantastic resource with lots of people sharing their hard work and great knowledge.

North said:
Welcome Stratman. I have a few weeks of "experience" to share with you:

Same for IR.
If you think a 15" monitor sounds better than a 12" and feel like sharing it - get prozac first.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mortega76 said:
acwild said:
mortega76 said:
P.S.S. I forgot... Welcome to the forum!!!! Don't be a pussy!!! ;) J/K... Wait until you have to ask Jay anything...

I don't know why but this made me spit my drink out. :lol: I've learned a lot from Jay (the stuff that I could understand anyway) but when he starts going Gordon Ramsey on some people, I just gotta pull out the popcorn and watch the fireworks. Great entertainment.
I love me some Gordon Ramsey!!!! I've never really watched "Hell's Kitchen" but the show in which he helps restaurants pull out of the pits is awesome!

Jay should have his own show called... Impulsive Response (from Hell!!!!). It would be a show where he would get 8-10 n00bz together and have them create him the ultimate IR, then week by week the shittiest IR creator would get eliminated, then the best one would have the distinction of being put in the Axe-fx firmware 8.00!!!!... I would definitely love to be on that show and/or watch it!!! Imagine all the fumbling on in the studio!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Nuthin' but love for ya Jay!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't sign me up as a contestant. Jay would have me in tears and telling me to piss off on the first day. I'd definitely tune in though. :lol:
Hey Stratman, one more acronym for ya. RTFM. It's usually followed by exclamation points (RTFM!!!). That's short for "read the f'ing manual." No worries though. I've RTFM and still don't get things. If you don't get the answer right away, someone will eventually come along to help. Quite often it's Cliff, the man himself. How's that for support? :cool:

Stratman68,

Sorry you had a rough first experience, but welcome to the forum! Yes, the fan is admittedly loud, when compared to a quiet environment. Most of us play live, so in that environment the fan noise blends into the noise floor. I can certainly understand/appreciate how you might find it annoying if you don't have much ambient noise.

As javajunkie and others point out, there's info on how to replace the fan on other threads in this forum. It's basically just like changing the fan in a PC, so you shouldn't have any troubles if you were to DIY.

-Steve

Philip said:
Yes, yes yes....I kid, I kid. Welcome to Axe Land. We all love each other here, so feel free to make the jokes.

Anyhoo, learn to love the search function. I actually learn a lot by searching terms that I don't want to know about. Seriously, search "bikini".

Now, go Axe yourself!

-Phil

gittarzann said:
I had to do it...

search.php?keywords=bikini&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

I couldn't imagine anyone using the word "bikini" on the forum so I tried the "Bikini Search" (thanks gittarzann). Surprise! One of the posts was mine! :lol: Thanks for the laughs (and Rock'N'Roll Nightmare is still a stone cold classic). :geek:

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Mr. Stratman68.

Hi-Just had to post back to this thread-because this is where I came in to the picture- Main Feature"Axe FX"
I will make it to the reviews but.............Just want to say I am really happy with the axe - It's amazing- OK so I had to upgrade to the Ultra-I figured what the heck, I'm just selling old stuff tyo finance this so-Friday I will have my Ultra. I just was so impressed with the few days I worked wih it and my 2 strats-anyway Just wanted to say Thanks
I am in for the long haul and looking forward to every minute of it!!
Stratman68

dpeterson said:
i'm still amazed they havnet fixed the fan issue yet. sure it doesnt bother some but it is very annoying when you are trying to record or dial in clean patches.

I found that with mine it got quiet once I changed the hydraulic fluid.

North said:
Same for IR.
Haven't read the release notes? Do it NOW!
If you think a 15" monitor sounds better than a 12" and feel like sharing it - get prozac first!
That's hysterical :)
I've got a couple of more:

- Don't state that its impossible to get "in the room" sound from IRs
- If your post disappears, check other subforums before freaking out

:mrgreen:

hippietim said:
dpeterson said:
i'm still amazed they havnet fixed the fan issue yet. sure it doesnt bother some but it is very annoying when you are trying to record or dial in clean patches.

I found that with mine it got quiet once I changed the hydraulic fluid.

Mine too!

But don't use the fully synthetic fluid because it'll make the Axe-Fx sounds too digital.

Back
Top Bottom