New User Banned From The Gear Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruso

Fractal Fanatic
Created my first The Gear Page account on February 24th, almost a decade since I last used that forum.

I was just banned and accused of being “alt for member ‘orvillain.’” I have no idea who this person is and there is no way they were able to register using my email address.

What on earth is going on over there? Are they THAT trigger-happy? I don’t know what people are doing over there, but I have never in my life posed as someone else, especially on an internet forum.

Contacted them, but I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that it’s probably a waste of time? Anyone willing to give me their $0.02?

Unreal.

Created my first The Gear Page account on February 24th, almost a decade since I last used that forum.

I was just banned and accused of being “alt for member ‘orvillain.’” I have no idea who this person is and there is no way they were able to register using my email address.

What on earth is going on over there? Are they THAT trigger-happy? I don’t know what people are doing over there, but I have never in my life posed as someone else, especially on an internet forum.

Contacted them, but I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that it’s probably a waste of time? Anyone willing to give me their $0.02?

Unreal.
Yep , they banned me then my wife tried to log in as she had an account that banned hers to as it must be from same IP and they figured it was my Alt
I never bothered to try again although they send me frequently emails as a gold supporting member lol

Yep , they banned me then my wife tried to log in as she had an account that banned hers to as it must be from same IP and they figured it was my Alt
I never bothered to try again although they send me frequently emails as a gold supporting member lol
Yeah, they won’t ever get a dime from me.

The only thing I can think of is that I’ve been using my AT&T hotspot the past few days since a tree went down up the road. Maybe they flagged an entire range of IP addresses that are on that network. Crazy.

The only thing I can think of is that I’ve been using my AT&T hotspot the past few days since a tree went down up the road. Maybe they flagged an entire range of IP addresses that are on that network. Crazy.
Then they'd need to ban people who are using their cellular connection with their tablets and their phones as hotspots.

Yeah, they won’t ever get a dime from me.

Or Donnie B did a drive by IP spoof using your address

That's exactly what 'orvillain' would say.... :p

I used to go there to read reviews and opinions on stuff but it's been such a waste of time the past couple of years. Wondering if they've sent some of their lackeys over here recently.

It's often taken for granted that we have some great moderators here that keep things in check without stifling differing opinions. They do a great job of keeping their finger on the pulse and know when things have run its course or gone too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom