New User Banned From The Gear Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my first modeler (Helix), based on discussions with folks on TGP. That was good advice for me at the time; Helix was a nice intersection of price, quality, and usability. I got lots of helpful advice from folks there, about Helix itself, modeling in general, IRs, etc.

I stopped going there after a while as it got more and more childish.

Then I upgraded to Fractal, both gear and forum, and I'm way happier. This place rocks, and so does the Axe, end of story.

I was banned a while back for a meme like this. Then I was readmitted after being "exiled" for a few months.

Screenshot 2023-03-01 alle 17.34.08.png

...and when I came back I hadn't missed anything, it was all still like: is vintage worth the price? what is "x" product that you would never sell? what are the 5 best pedals? I hate this, I hate that...

I got my first modeler (Helix), based on discussions with folks on TGP. That was good advice for me at the time; Helix was a nice intersection of price, quality, and usability. I got lots of helpful advice from folks there, about Helix itself, modeling in general, IRs, etc.
Same here. Helix does cleans (with good IR's like York) and high distortion pretty well but edge of breakup and good Marshall sounds just weren't there. Still use Helix Native for bass tracks on Logic though. Otherwise Fractal just sounds SO much better.

And in my case the FM9 was also a gateway drug for multiple PRS's, especially enabled by Cliff's Christmas present to himself.

Getting banned from a toxic environment like TGP is a good thing. I drop in there every once in a while just to remind myself what a waste of time that place is. I'm really not interested in reading 18 pages of guys gushing about the latest overdrive pedal or arguments about the best doom metal guitarist.

I was banned a while back for a meme like this. Then I was readmitted after being "exiled" for a few months.

View attachment 116936

...and when I came back I hadn't missed anything, it was all still like: is vintage worth the price? what is "x" product that you would never sell? what are the 5 best pedals? I hate this, I hate that...
Well, your meme isn’t wrong. 😏

Well, your meme isn’t wrong. 😏
It is not about the meme, it is the topic that can lead to confusion, hatred posts etc. - because some people think gear is a religion and they need to defend it against other gear. But the message is not wrong at all, even I don't like PRS 😇😂

Sometimes it's what goes against your natural instincts, your viewpoint. Trying to explain your viewpoint when others aren't open to receiving it often doesn't fit into the prescribed TGP mindset.

Other times, TGP will simply drive you out from its website because they feel some posts are inflammatory or might cause trouble among its members (trolling), or if some posts cross over into disobeying forum rules.

What TGP used to do was warn you with several negative points until you reached ban status. While I've not tried signing back into TGP myself for many years now, my search for a more peaceful existence was found on this forum, because of the greater tolerance, friendlier atmosphere, and less competitive views many hold to.

Fortunately, we all tend to gravitate toward our own group of friends here, and no one group is competing or trying to dominate over one another. That was a real reason why I stepped away from TGP myself.

Fortunately, we all tend to gravitate toward our own group of friends here, and no one group is competing or trying to dominate over one another. That was a real reason why I stepped away from TGP myself.

What I like about this forum is that members will usually use decent logic and even ** gasp! ** science or verifiable facts in their discussion and debates.

What I like about this forum is that members will usually use decent logic and even ** gasp! ** science or verifiable facts in their discussion and debates.
This is true, but not all viewpoints are based on science, but might be personal stories, opinions or beliefs. For example, some people believe in ghosts. Is it verifiable science? Of course not. But that doesn't deter people from speaking about the topic.

See what I did there?

Last edited:
Indeed, and @JiveTurkey has no choice - I now live in his garden, whether he likes it or not.
Welcome. Am just hoping we can all learn to live together peaceably as TGP thins out its flowers and vegetables...

I hope you find some nice gardening friends here...either that, or you might find things work better here when you've already applied... :)

PRS GAS is the absolute worst.
In my case I have no PRS GAS, but a lot of Fractal GAS

200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom