New user... and question about Foot Controller :)

none_user

Hi all! New user in here from Portugal, a few hours away of buying and used AXE FX II (Mark I). :)

Really excited!!!

But I have on question... Since it's the Mark I/original version, it has the RJ45 connection for the Foot Controller.

After having the AXE, I want to buy:
- A simple/cheap foot switch to control the Looper. What do you recommend? Do I have to plug it to the RJ45 port or there are options to connect it to the MIDI IN port? I don't need the MFC-101... and I'm really unexperienced with this...

- Also, an expression pedal would be also cool to have. I have found this one: "Electro Harmonix Single Expression Pedal for Guitar". Do you think it would work fine?

Please keep in mind that I'm limited to buy stuff from Europe.

Any suggestions/info would be welcomed. :)

Thanks!

The EtherCon (RJ45) port only works with the MFC-101.

Not to worry, you have midi DIN ports you can use with any standard midi controller.

A good, inexpensive midi controller that works well and will get you 2 built-in expression pedals would be the Behringer FCB-1010. However, you'd really want to get one with a 3rd party replacement PROM chip: the UnO or EurekaProm.

For the cost, I don't think you'll find a better option.

But you can also check out options from Voes, MorningStar, MelAudio and others.

As far as expression pedals, anything that uses TRS with a potentiometer value of 10-100k will work fine.

Hi all! New user in here from Portugal, a few hours away of buying and used AXE FX II (Mark I). :)

Really excited!!!

But I have on question... Since it's the Mark I/original version, it has the RJ45 connection for the Foot Controller.

After having the AXE, I want to buy:
- A simple/cheap foot switch to control the Looper. What do you recommend? Do I have to plug it to the RJ45 port or there are options to connect it to the MIDI IN port? I don't need the MFC-101... and I'm really unexperienced with this...

- Also, an expression pedal would be also cool to have. I have found this one: "Electro Harmonix Single Expression Pedal for Guitar". Do you think it would work fine?

Please keep in mind that I'm limited to buy stuff from Europe.

Any suggestions/info would be welcomed. :)

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum! The Axe Fx II is a great unit. @unix-guy covered the foot controller thing well, and is a good way to get going with low buy-in.

Thanks all!

I actually didn't knew about the Behringer FCB-1010 and the UnO or EurekaProm PROM chip.

Guess this is will be the way to go, since the Behringer FCB-1010 is so cheap. :)

Welcome to the forum! The Axe Fx II is a great unit. @unix-guy covered the foot controller thing well, and is a good way to get going with low buy-in.

Yes, the Behringer FCB-1010 with the UnO or EurekaProm PROM will be my next purchase. Want to take advantage of and expression pedal to change parameteres on the fly, use the looper, etc. :)

Back
Top Bottom