New Updates / New Presets?

gvsb15

Inspired
Just confirming if any of these new amps in the last update have their own stripped down preset #? Amp, Cab, Delay and Reverb only like the amps upfront in Bank A.

Does anyone know why recently intro'd amps still aren't showcased with a basic preset (amp, cab, reverb) vs. the majority of presets still being effects and sounds? Even with new banks being updated so frequently from the admin side.

Does anyone know why recently intro'd amps still aren't showcased with a basic preset (amp, cab, reverb) vs. the majority of presets still being effects and sounds? Even with new banks being updated so frequently from the admin side.
"new" banks are the current factory banks - for the new firmware. That is standard for FAS. They do not update factory banks - by adding new presets to "showcase an amp" - when new amp models are added to a new firmware.
They may at some point in the future, but historically that has NOT happened for each new amp/firmware release.

Because they'd have to remove an existing preset for each preset they wanted to add.

Because they'd have to remove an existing preset for each preset they wanted to add.

... and then for the +90% of players using the Axe to customize their patches and preset order can download that "removed" preset (which was replaced by a stripped down amp preset) from a previous bank through the axe-manage. It's very simple to bring in an older bank and save a single preset from your personal folder to your current preset order in axe-edit. It wouldn't be lost. Just archived.

I'm all for the underwater backwards delay effects using a 3rd + 5th preset(s) but it would be great to show some love as well for these new amps and the doctor's settings like he has with the first 41 presets in Bank A.

Just an opinion and would probably decrease amp questions here on the board.

because you can just switch any amp in any preset to one of the new models.

And some of us would like to see what the default settings used to dial in these new amps. Also, there a bunch of us that go pretty deep on our amp pages, and with the latest update you don't have to go that heavy w/ tweaking.

Hi All,

I did notice that the Elegant Gypsy preset now uses the TX STAR LEAD and also that the Cyndi's JC preset has been removed so the Deluxe Tape preset could be added. The Deluxe Tape preset features the new Tape Echo algorithm. I didn't notice any other changes.

Thanks,
Rich

I wouldn't expect the original factory presets to be changed just for continuity and the fact some would be using them. But maybe with the updated banks include a separate preset of any new amp model that they have tuned accordingly that can be imported. Just a thought...

I figure the factory presets are the factory presets. That said, it might be nice to have a place where we could download patches that show off each amp model.

I figure the factory presets are the factory presets. That said, it might be nice to have a place where we could download patches that show off each amp model.
Axe-Change is coming in the new year. Maybe there ?

Here's why a preset or at least a syx download for each new amp should be avail. I just posted this on the axe edit page.

"Heads up. When you toggle between amps they do not go back to their intended default new 4.0-4.1 settings. Not talking about the eq's, gain, MV, etc which shouldn't change. I'm talking about the Speaker Drive and most importantly the settings in the Power tab. Try it. Dial up a stock preset (0-40), remember a couple of settings like where the speaker drive, power tube hardness or triode hardness are at then toggle the amp back to the original amp in the preset. Most of the dials do not change back to where they were for that specific amp. On the Axe-FX it works fine with the new update."

Last edited:
I would be in favor of adding new presets and removing old ones, but I would love to see that information included in the release notes. Personally, I'd love some of the silly ones with the over-the-top effects that will NEVER actually be used playing out...remove those ones :)

Guys, factory presets on any device I have ever bought are designed to show off the capabilities of the device.
Why should the Axe be any different? Many presets will never be used by, nor suit the average players needs, but are a great reference point from which to start your own preset, or see how certain things are done.

Guys, factory presets on any device I have ever bought are designed to show off the capabilities of the device.
Why should the Axe be any different? Many presets will never be used by, nor suit the average players needs, but are a great reference point from which to start your own preset, or see how certain things are done.

Disagree. A reference point for the way "things are done" should be stripped down presets like there are in Bank A (0-40) when new amps come on board. There are 383 presets in the axe. If there isn't room then a download file should be avail as a starting point. Also, the amps used with effects in the chain are sculpted specifically to bring out the effects. Far from a starting point.

Are we to reset the amps in v.4 stock presets? I loaded them to the Axe2 with axedit and checked advanced tab...TH,and PTH were not revised.That's fine I'll do the reset...or did axedit reset them to prior settings?When I do an amp reset they do change.I don't mind doing the reset, I just want to know if they were altered by axedit.

Are we to reset the amps in v.4 stock presets? I loaded them to the Axe2 with axedit and checked advanced tab...TH,and PTH were not revised.That's fine I'll do the reset...or did axedit reset them to prior settings?When I do an amp reset they do change.I don't mind doing the reset, I just want to know if they were altered by axedit.

Axe-Edit just isn't changing back to the amps prior settings when you toggle amps in axe edit. Specifically in the advanced tab where most of the work has been done with this new update. This is only on the axe-edit. The reset function is on the Axe which doesn't fix it in axe-edit. Hopefully it's worked out before the next axe-edit release.

It's mostly the Power Tube Hardness, Speaker Drive and Triode Hardness that don't go back when you toggle amps. I went through every amp and tested them all.

Now back to all and new amps having their own stripped down file to DL and/or select preset number :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom