New to the family...

AdamAntium

Hi everyone!

I Just wanted to say that I've finally, after countless hours of being swayed by my friends to go either Kemper, Line6, or Fractal, decided to switch completely to Axe FX II XL.

Daniel Klein of Port City ultimately convinced me to pull the trigger, and I think it was one of the best decisions I could have made.

One thing that I think is pretty clear is that there is a great and strong community for Axe FX, something I never really felt with any of the Line6 equipment I've used in the past.

A brief history gear-wise for me:

I've used Line6 stuff since 2005 when I was in college at the time. I sort of did it out of financial desperation at the time, combined with living in an apartment in the Boston area and not really having a realistic way to record guitars or anything. I actually never really liked their products very much until very recently.

I got into H&K Tube Amps while in school, and got an endorsement from Port City Amplification pretty early on. I still use their product to this day, but the H&K is long gone.

I sort of disappeared from the online realm for a couple of years, but I was very active locally in the Seattle area. I was in two signed bands - I toured for the last four years with literally just a POD HD500 - I really liked the convenience of an all-in-one unit, and the HD500 actually was light-years ahead of their previous products (but still far behind the Axe FX, imo). A few months ago I purchased two more POD HD500X's to use for future tours. Those will now be put on eBay, along with any other old digital amp equipment I have.

Fast-forward to today - I decided to switched partially based on advice from Daniel, but also after seeing just a dinosauric amount of testimonials from my peers (Chris Buono, Tim Miller, Dweezil Zappa, to name a few) and I was ready to fully convert.

Anyways, it's great to finally be part of the community and I can't wait to see how it evolves over the coming years. I plan to be an Axe-er for life after this. Thanks for letting me introduce myself!

Last edited:
no comparison " l6 ", Kemper dont know, but have my doubts, but in general you found the real PRO system (coming from an amateur). Start makin noize!

Welcome! I have learned so much from the nice folks on this forum, that I check it out first thing in the morning, and last thing before bed, and recheck during the weekends when I want to try out something that caught my interest.

I was tweaking for quite a while, but now that I have things dialed in, I am to the point where I am just practicing and playing.

Plug in and have fun!

Welcome adamantium,

You have made a good decision - yay!

Pauly

Hi everyone!

I Just wanted to say that I've finally, after countless hours of being swayed by my friends to go either Kemper, Line6, or Fractal, decided to switch completely to Axe FX II XL.

Daniel Klein of Port City ultimately convinced me to pull the trigger, and I think it was one of the best decisions I could have made.

One thing that I think is pretty clear is that there is a great and strong community for Axe FX, something I never really felt with any of the Line6 equipment I've used in the past.

A brief history gear-wise for /SNIP myself!

Welcome!!!
I cam from line 6 as well. The Axe I have to say is way better. The good news is you go and get some $10 midi cables and make the hd500 your pedal board until you can get a MFC. There are some posts on it they are pretty easy to setup!!

GL and welcome.

The forum is a great place, you'll learn a lot here. Also, the Wiki is packed with great info that will save you tons of time getting where you want to go.

Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom