New to Fractal

Hi thanks for answering, Ive been looking into the 8" Headrush, seems like a possible solution and theyre relatively cheap compared the FM3 price. my wife still hasnt forgiven me for this purchase.

Haha I get it with the wife thing. It’s a compromise always. I’m in the process of getting ready to buy a new guitar. Spend some for her and then for me. Means my gear costs about double lol.

Hi thanks for answering, Ive been looking into the 8" Headrush, seems like a possible solution and theyre relatively cheap compared the FM3 price. my wife still hasnt forgiven me for this purchase.
If I were you, I'd lean more towards studio monitors. The headrush is decent for the price, but not great. It's not really necessary if you're not jamming with a band. Do you have a Long & McQuade near you? If so, you can rent stuff for pretty cheap prices. They always have the Yorkville studio monitors available to rent and they have Yorkville FRFR speakers too. They don't have the headrush for rent, but from my experience the Yorkville stuff is slightly better anyway. Also, they sell their rental stuff too, so if you like what you rent you may be able to get a decent price on it.

If I were you, I'd lean more towards studio monitors. The headrush is decent for the price, but not great. It's not really necessary if you're not jamming with a band. Do you have a Long & McQuade near you? If so, you can rent stuff for pretty cheap prices. They always have the Yorkville studio monitors available to rent and they have Yorkville FRFR speakers too. They don't have the headrush for rent, but from my experience the Yorkville stuff is slightly better anyway. Also, they sell their rental stuff too, so if you like what you rent you may be able to get a decent price on it.
Hi thanks for answering, I do have a long and mcquade relatively close and that does seem like a smarter idea than just buying a headrush before even trying it. Also why is it you think studio monitors are better? Other than that I will never gig live

Haha I get it with the wife thing. It’s a compromise always. I’m in the process of getting ready to buy a new guitar. Spend some for her and then for me. Means my gear costs about double lol.
Happy wife=happy life. Buying a new guitar is always a good idea haha even if it means spoiling the wife before
Also what kind of guitar are you buying?

I would NOT limit myself. Search for ALL FM3 videos and see what suits you!

I also second the Studio Monitor idea.

Happy wife=happy life. Buying a new guitar is always a good idea haha even if it means spoiling the wife before
Also what kind of guitar are you buying?

Maybe the SE Silver Sky. I have US Deluxe Strat that’s HSS. I play it a lot since getting the FM3 and I’m loving the single coil sound lately. Now I’m wanting a pure singles guitar. Maybe in a couple months.

Explain that you have decided to get an Axe FX 3, and may need to sell her :)

When watching a video that demonstrates something on the modeler, stop it and back up, and freeze the frame and adjust your modeler to match. Continue that through the video, playing and adjusting so you can hear what affect your adjustment has on the sound.

And, do NOT be surprised if your guitar and modeled amp do not sound like theirs, just absorb the effect of adjusting that parameter.

Hi thanks for answering, I do have a long and mcquade relatively close and that does seem like a smarter idea than just buying a headrush before even trying it. Also why is it you think studio monitors are better? Other than that I will never gig live
Studio monitors tend to work better at lower volumes. FRFR can sound OK at lower volumes, but like an amp they sound better when they're turned up louder than appropriate with others in the house. Also, unless you're going to buy a pair of headrush monitors, you won't take full advantage of stereo effects (which may or may not matter to you)

Back
Top Bottom