New To Fractal and New To Forum

It's a long learning curve but once you're over the first hump it becomes a lot easier to explore and learn.

The first entry in the FAQ in the manual explains it well…

Be sure to read/reread the FM9 manual and the Blocks Guide. There's a lot of information in them. Then there's the Footswitch Functions Guide. And the Wiki. :)
Yeah fine, he's not wrong.

But don't forget to turn some knobs, like you would on an actual amp, and play guitar, and have some fun! It's not all techno-babble in Fractal-land!

Thanks Pauly. It was a rough start at first, but now I’m blown away with this thing. I’ve nailed some tones off albums and I’ve found my tones. I couldn’t be happier.
Wow that's a turn around.. I was literally discussing this in your thread over at TGP. You were concerned about the FM9 not living up to your amps, sounds like you've started to crack it though.

Honestly you're in the best place because the fractals are capable of so many great sounds that it becomes addictive. If you're going to go digital then fractal land is the best place to be

Wow that's a turn around.. I was literally discussing this in your thread over at TGP. You were concerned about the FM9 not living up to your amps, sounds like you've started to crack it though.

Honestly you're in the best place because the fractals are capable of so many great sounds that it becomes addictive. If you're going to go digital then fractal land is the best place to be
I detested digital for the longest time, but I’m starting to come around. The FM9 has some amazing tones. I need to figure out the impedance curve thing when going into my PS-100 to a guitar cab. When I go into my DAW it sounds ridiculously good so I know it’s going to crush live with a few tweaks.

I found a nice eq tweak from Cooper Carter for the output block and one for the input eq gain on the amp block that works great live for all amps and cabs. I tested these out on a loud PA and it killed. The 1959 70’s Marshall is filthy. Made the hair on my arms stand up.
IMG_0146.jpeg

IMG_0147.jpeg

I detested digital for the longest time, but I’m starting to come around. The FM9 has some amazing tones. I need to figure out the impedance curve thing when going into my PS-100 to a guitar cab. When I go into my DAW it sounds ridiculously good so I know it’s going to crush live with a few tweaks.
That's very good news. I'm a bit envious you've started out on an FM9, although I do love my FM3 and wouldn't give it up easily. Never thought I would say that about a device with three switches haha.

Are you using IRs or dynacabs just out of interest? Being new to it I'm just wondering how you approached that

I spent a little time today trying to dial in a Brent Mason tone. It needs a little work, but I think I got fairly close. I gotta get my country chops back in shape. The FM9 is blowing my mind.

I have no idea how to chase those country tones.. can you do it with a Marshall lol.. however, that sounds pretty nice!

That's very good news. I'm a bit envious you've started out on an FM9, although I do love my FM3 and wouldn't give it up easily. Never thought I would say that about a device with three switches haha.

Are you using IRs or dynacabs just out of interest? Being new to it I'm just wondering how you approached that
Just IR’s for now.

I have a 4x12 Germino straight cab loaded with 71 G12H30 75hz (T1217) speakers. I want to dial in the impedance matching in my FM9. I’m running into a PS-100. Any suggestion on where to start with setting the impedance?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom