New To Fractal and New To Forum

DangMe

Hey everybody. After resisting digital for years I finally took the plunge to the digital world by ordering a FM9 Turbo. I’m looking forward to hanging out with ya’ll and learning how to dial in tones on the FM9 Turbo. I’m a diehard amp guy so we’ll see how this goes.

I’m already off to a great start, I’ve posted in the wrong section. :D
We'll point that out for years to come. :)

The vast majority of us started with "real" amps, and migrated through other brands of digital gear to land here, so we're aware of the path you're on and are very happy to help.

The FM9 is "just right" for the gigging player who needs to use it at home and on stage.

Welcome in! You are traveling down and well worn in path. Lots of resource here and on YT. If you can't find what you are looking for there post it here and someone will answer!

I'm about 18 months in. I use the FM9 in a quite different way than I started. Exploration is the key, as well as reading how people on this forum do things. So many creative and intelligent people.

@DangMe,
Don't expect to create the perfect rig the first time through. Allow yourself some time to view the YouTube G66 channel (the sanctioned Fractal device channel) with Leon Todd, John Nathan Cordy, Carter Cooper, Marco Fenton, and several others. The instruction you'll receive will be invaluable.

In fact, their search function is how to research specific topics. Here's a couple that will help you from the beginning...

Welcome Dangme!
Hope you enjoy the unit. Pretty confident you will. If you have any issues, Im confident the Forum will help.

Thnks
Pauly
Hey everybody. After resisting digital for years I finally took the plunge to the digital world by ordering a FM9 Turbo. I’m looking forward to hanging out with ya’ll and learning how to dial in tones on the FM9 Turbo. I’m a diehard amp guy so we’ll see how this goes.

It was a rough start at first, but now I’m blown away with this thing. I’ve nailed some tones off albums and I’ve found my tones. I couldn’t be happier.
It's a long learning curve but once you're over the first hump it becomes a lot easier to explore and learn.

The first entry in the FAQ in the manual explains it well…
Q: Why all the technical terminology?
A: The language of the FM9 is for the most part the universal language of professional audio. This allows the FM9 to be used by casual and professional players, producers, engineers, and beyond. The terminology and concepts you will use and learn are accordingly not unique to the FM9. Understanding them will help you to master the craft of pro audio and to communicate with others. At the same time, the FM9 is easier than ever, with dedicated controls and a clear interface that doesn’t distract or disrupt the creative flow.

Be sure to read/reread the FM9 manual and the Blocks Guide. There's a lot of information in them. Then there's the Footswitch Functions Guide. And the Wiki. :)

Back
Top Bottom