NEW The Amp Factory IR Captures (The Next Step thread references) (Clips)

^ Absolutely.

You are really making me miss my Strat! Splitting humbuckers just isn't the same.

Would you consider doing a demo with that Green Beret using a different amp model, like the Plexi or JTM45? I love them and the Weber Greenbacks. But, it is really cool to hear the AC20 with a Greenback. I liked my AC20 Deluxe with a Blue and the amp model is excellent.

How are you getting such a good tone without too much of that mismatch sound using all these IRs? I mean, some are obviously more suitable that amp model than others, but none of them sound too grainy or just weird as can sometimes happen with amps and IRs.

Just great stuff. Thanks for taking the time to make these and post them.

Some amps may sound better with different IR captures, but thats why I picked the AC20. Its a good blend of what I call the basic character of VOX, FENDER, AND MARSHALL in one amp. I was going to use Marshalls, but they can sound a little dry without as much sparkle found in Vox and Fender.

Here you are... Marshalls with the WGB:

Plexi 100

JTM45

^ Absolutely.

You are really making me miss my Strat! Splitting humbuckers just isn't the same.

Would you consider doing a demo with that Green Beret using a different amp model, like the Plexi or JTM45? I love them and the Weber Greenbacks. But, it is really cool to hear the AC20 with a Greenback. I liked my AC20 Deluxe with a Blue and the amp model is excellent.

How are you getting such a good tone without too much of that mismatch sound using all these IRs? I mean, some are obviously more suitable that amp model than others, but none of them sound too grainy or just weird as can sometimes happen with amps and IRs.

Just great stuff. Thanks for taking the time to make these and post them.

That's exactly what I remember from my Greenback cabs. Very nice. Thanks. Completely sold on this amp pack.

It sounds great with my vintage strat and my Les Paul. No complaints here with that amp. I also like the Super Reverb.

I'd love an IR of a 2x12 with a Blue or Greenback and Alnico silver.
Fyi, there are already free UR IRs of 2x12 cabs w/Blues out there: TAF AC Rox Mix, Fractal 2x12 Class A Tom's Mix Right, and a bunch in the German Axe-Fest zip file. Fractal Cab Pack 4 has more available for purchase as well.

Well, you've effectively earned your pay :), and sold me on this forthcoming cab pack. Really great.

And you've inspired me to start trying other cabs with the AC20 (and others). Maybe these new IRs really are just that much better that they work well with a wider range of amps.

:encouragement:

I figured that. A figure of speech. Didn't mean to imply anything negative, of course. Ah, internet.

I know, I just wanted to be clear. If I WAS paid, then this post would fall into a whole different category as a form of advertisement. And I'm pretty sure there is a Forum rule about that somewhere...

I figured that. A figure of speech. Didn't mean to imply anything negative, of course. Ah, internet.

Back
Top Bottom