New single from my band using Axe 2 !

Thanks for something not Djenty for a change on the recordings section:) no disrespect to the metal heads around here! Love the tone and how it sits in the mix...very nice indeed. Cheers

Really dig this tune! Great job all around!

What amp model(s) did you use for your guitars? They really sound good! :D

Cool!

Hey all here is new single from my band Fighting Friday, using axe2 version 1, all guitars and bass were recorded with this magic box. Thanks to Cliff and company for creating it :>

If you dig it please like us on facebook, and pass it along - thanks

Disregard - Fighting Friday by fightingfriday on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

jharpersj,

Well done, the guitars sound really good. Which amp-model(s) did you use?

I checked out some of your bands other tunes too, and I gotta tell ya, that tune "I Kissed Your Girlfriend" had me LMAO! Your lead-singer reminds me of the late-Brad Nowell (Sublime) and Brandon Boyd (Incubus,) but mostly Brad (R.I.P.)

Good stuff!

Bill

Hey guys thanks for the kind words, much appreciated ! I had just gotten the Axe2 so these sounds were done very quickly, and it was version 1 but I was happy with the tones and how it sat in the mix. For the recording I used the Friedman BE into a Citrus on one side and the FAS modern into the Citrus on the other. Guitars were a les paul left/right and low in the mix an anderson 7 string. I dont go crazy with the EQ I just pull in or out highs and lows in the cab block with the hi and low cut functions. It does go through an Avalon preamp into protools (like everything I record). This was recorded by the band in my basement. Live I use the Axe2 into the QSC HPR and it has been awesome. What I like about the axe is how clear it is and very low noise, it just sounds bad ass. I have know Cliff for awhile (he is local) and have had the utlra and now the axe2 and what he has done for guitarists is just amazing. After the fact tried to get better tones using my stash of really good tubes amps and the axe won. Also used the one bass model in there to record the bass. i cannot wait to record more tracks when ver 3 comes out !
Jim

Back
Top Bottom