New shipments?

Where are you drawing a conclusion of months based on 1 reply that was from a week before you?

The Axe Fx III is not in product roll out. You have no idea how many people are in the wait list, nor how many are waiting ahead of you.

On 5/16, this was said:

That means, Monday 5/18 at some point they could begin to be processed.

That's one week if you consider yesterday was a holiday.
Hi unix-guy, relax man. How about this: I will let you know once I get the invite and we shall see who was "more correct" with the prediction. You are making assumptions just like I did, but you are optimistic and I am not - just two different ways of looking at stuff (you think that you are right, I think that I am right - not the first time something like this happens on this planet). :)

Hi unix-guy, relax man. How about this: I will let you know once I get the invite and we shall see who was "more correct" with the prediction. You are making assumptions just like I did, but you are optimistic and I am not - just two different ways of looking at stuff (you think that you are right, I think that I am right - not the first time something like this happens on this planet). :)
I'm trying to be optimistic for you... ;)

If you sold all your gear and just need something to hold you over get a boss katana or similar small amp until what you really want comes available. Hell, you could even get an axe ii used from guitar center as they've extended their return window to 180 days. What competitor products are you interested in? Most other modellers have been out for a long time too. So, you wouldn't really be getting anything that's new in its life cycle compared to the Axe Fx III.
The problem is.... I am in Canada, so no Guitar Centers and there are no used Axes in stores around here... only in ads, but the price is around 2000 Canadian pesos (which I think is excessive compared to the new one which comes with taxes and shipping around $3400 in Canadian pesos). I was thinking to get some of those software options, I tried BIAS FX2 on Sunday and it does not sound bad at all.... but again, wasting money as I won't be able to take it out for a jam session. I never really took a look at those digital amps.... I will check Katana out, thanks yoitsmegabe. My option B is Kemper or Helix (these 2 are approximately $1000 CDN pesos cheaper here)

I waited 9 months for an FM3 before giving up and buying the AxeFX for $1000 more. It was worth it.
I did the same, except it took me 12 months to decide. I passed on the non-headphone amp equipped FM3 invite and also have no regrets.

@Alek if you're basing your estimates of wait time of the FM3, that's a very different thing. That was much cheaper so many more people were interested, and a brand new product that was announced and started taking waitlist requests almost one year before it started shipping. There were a LOT of people on that list from a long time of people signing up.

As you've said the Axe FX 3 is much later in it's product life. But most likely some of the COVID19 related supply chain effects delayed a some shipments to Fractal. I forget when it went out of stock but it wasn't that long. There can't be that many people on the list either. It'd be nice if they could give you a concrete estimate but they like to keep details like number of people waiting and number of units shipping per day close to the chest.

But it's not just that you're pessimistic and @unix-guy is optimistic, it's also that you've not seen the FX3 go out of stock before, and he has.

EDIT: And here's @jwm3320 coming in to help back this up.

This is my first post on this forum. So, hello! I am going to speak my truth in this post. So, it won't be politically correct and what have you. I have owned too many tube amps and modellers (except the Kemper). I am going to cut to the chase. First piece of advise, stay away from other peoples opinions (especially on the internet). Youtube videos aren't the best either. People generally play in different rooms, with different cabs/speakers, with different guitars and have different ears than you have. Second piece of advise, MY OPINION), is purchase the Axe FX-III USED for a few hundred dollars off and see if you can either find the FC-6/12 bundled with it, or bite the bullet and purchase it off the official website. Why used? because if you don't like it, wait until they're sold out again and you can make a few hundred dollars selling it. The resale on these units is excellent. The Ultra is still going for 1400 USD on Reverb. Not sure how that translates to the free land of Canada

The Helix's joy stick is cheap and squeaks. The expression pedal squeaks and requires lubrication over time. The amps also took substantial tweaking with EQ blocks to sound up to my standard. The form-factor was convenient and light, which made it very nice as a pedalboard 4-cabled into a tube amp. If you have a tube amp, a used LT, stomp or FX would be a great pedalboard option but the delays and reverbs were lacking. Bias FX makes a good plugin, but I wouldn't get the unit itself. The effects, amps, hardware and updates on the Axe FX-III are better.

if you live in a house with property or play in a band, make sure your needs are met. I live in a condo where the FX-III is the best option. Products that attenuate amplifiers are nice, but they don't sound as good as the amp through a real cab or even the axe fx iii, they burn your tubes out fast if you aren't careful and put wear on other components. I sold all of my amps except an EVH 5150iii 100 watt. EVH has never given me a single issue, (I have owned three), where many other amps have. I am even considering running silent rehearsals, besides the drumset with the AXE FX, which would make recording a whole lot easier.

In short, The fool buys twice. Get what you want, because if you settle, you'll end up buying/selling/buying/selling and losing money due to taxes, shipping and shipping issues.

Hi jwm3320, thanks a lot - I appreciate the update.
Thanks @Alek, it shipped today as well and will be here this Friday. I actually emailed them a few days ago after I didn’t get a notification to see if I could find any information out but they only said you will get invitation once my name comes up on the waitlist. Hopefully you will get your invite real soon!

The problem is.... I am in Canada, so no Guitar Centers and there are no used Axes in stores around here... only in ads, but the price is around 2000 Canadian pesos (which I think is excessive compared to the new one which comes with taxes and shipping around $3400 in Canadian pesos). I was thinking to get some of those software options, I tried BIAS FX2 on Sunday and it does not sound bad at all.... but again, wasting money as I won't be able to take it out for a jam session. I never really took a look at those digital amps.... I will check Katana out, thanks yoitsmegabe. My option B is Kemper or Helix (these 2 are approximately $1000 CDN pesos cheaper here)
Just an FYI, Canadian Currency is $ Dollars and Cents.:D

I am even considering running silent rehearsals, besides the drumset with the AXE FX, which would make recording a whole lot easier.

I do this all the time to record practices with isolated drum&guitar tracks. To an outsider, it would sound like a drummer is in the room playing on their own. Meanwhile guitars are rocking away crystal clear in my in-ears. :)

Back
Top Bottom