New Presets for V9 on Support Page

Thanks for pointing this out...it seems like the first couple stock Recto presets have improved a lot, to my ears at least.

I used MidiOx and sent the whole thing to the Axe Fx...took a bit, but patches that I had tweaked in babk B were written over, as well as patches in bank A. Do a backup first.

Tonight I'm goig back and replacing the files I had saved.

I transfered them to AXE via Axe-Edit. I didn't touch the knobs or any setting. I only selected the files in Axe-Change, right click and SEND TO ...select bank.

Worked with no prolbem.

btw the presets are top notch!!! Good job guys! You guys are getting better too!

I transfered them to AXE via Axe-Edit. I didn't touch the knobs or any setting. I only selected the files in Axe-Change, right click and SEND TO ...select bank.

Worked with no prolbem.

btw the presets are top notch!!! Good job guys! You guys are getting better too!
Great !

Did you hear any differences with v7 banks ?

Maybe its just me but isn't the pitchshifter, chorus, phaser and flanger blocks in the presets of the new amps very "Steve Vai"?
Because those blocks sound so f......g great!! :)
Together with the new amps they are real killers!!! :)

This updated presets made the AXE FX II sound best to me ever!

I've updated from 7 to 8, then to 9beta and 9.01 - but all the time I felt like having the wrong presets or something is (a bit) wrong with the box. Could never get the AXE sound as good as I expected. So with the updated Banks, all presets I dial in sound stunning to me!

Thanks a lot FAS! Great Job!

new presets--EXTRAORDINARY

With a little coaxing, i was able to load the new banks using Axe-edit and BOY is it worth it!!!! i don't yet know what magic dust Cliff sprinkled on those 3 syx files but he and his team has truly unlocked the dynamic and tonal beauty of each preset. the heavily effected presets, now jump out and amaze..Jah bless the Super REverb,
so thank you FAS for creating much holiday cheer. Tangentally, I was lucky enough to see Dweezil and the band on Saturday in Madison, and they were extraordinary as always. Dweezil has paired his onstage rig down to 2 ax-FX IIs and his pedalboard, all in-ear monitoring and direct to FOH. ZPZ is travelling light these days, but
sounding great and having fun. Fellow fractalite Joe guzzo jammed with Zpz on Zomby Woof and the dueling Fractals were awe inspiring..I hope to share some of that soon on youtube. Dweezil told me he has not yet upgraded to 9 but he he looks forward to it, So do I.

Silly question but are these "new" presets featuring new amps and such or updated versions of the presets we know and love?

Wow. I just spent the last hour comparing the first 30 or so presets to their previous versions. What a huge difference. Everything sounds fuller and feels more natural.

I get the feeling I'm not going to get much work done today.

Silly question but are these "new" presets featuring new amps and such or updated versions of the presets we know and love?

Both. I can't really tell how many new ones, but there are definitely some using the new amps.

Are the new presets going to be integrated with the next firmware update as the firmware banks?

Wow. I just spent the last hour comparing the first 30 or so presets to their previous versions. What a huge difference. Everything sounds fuller and feels more natural.

I went through all the "raw amp" presets and retweaked them. I've found that the new firmware really brings out the character of the cabs now. Cabs that I rarely used in the past really sound good with certain amps.

I totally agree, I went through them in axe-edit and both the ""#¤%&/()" and "^*Æ:Æ:^LKFAPF" sounded great!

No seriously, I was looking for a specific one and all the others surrounding it in the list sounded so great I had a hard time telling which was the one I was looking for.

Great stuff! I'm so happy with fractal audio systems!

I could see this item on "tv shop" anyday. It's not a scam and it totally works, I lost 30 lbs of GAS in a month! :D

Can't wait to try these tonight, would love it if every amp modeled had a raw preset at the start. Maybe increase the first 50 to 80 ready to play raw amp sounds, so happy with all these updates

I went through all the "raw amp" presets and retweaked them. I've found that the new firmware really brings out the character of the cabs now. Cabs that I rarely used in the past really sound good with certain amps.

Out of curiosity how long does it take you to re-tweak said presets?

That's got to have been a hell of a lot of work, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that it's definitely appreciated. Been stuck on the Wrecker patch for a long while... Never really bonded with it before, but this new version is just awesome. As is the Super Reverb.

Gotta ask though why does it get dirty so quickly? All the Supers I've played stayed clean until you hit at least 5. This one starts getting dirty at 2 with the master dropped to 4 or so. I noticed that with the Maz as well. I used to run mine with the master and gain at half and it was still quite clean, the one on the axe is really crunchy at those settings. Don't get me wrong, they sound awesome -- actually the Maz sounds better than mine ever did -- but it seems like some of the clean amps were given a dose of steroids before making their way onto the axe.

Gotta ask though why does it get dirty so quickly? All the Supers I've played stayed clean until you hit at least 5. This one starts getting dirty at 2 with the master dropped to 4 or so. I noticed that with the Maz as well. I used to run mine with the master and gain at half and it was still quite clean, the one on the axe is really crunchy at those settings. Don't get me wrong, they sound awesome -- actually the Maz sounds better than mine ever did -- but it seems like some of the clean amps were given a dose of steroids before making their way onto the axe.

I modeled the Super with V1 pulled as most people pull V1 so the amp has more grunt. Turn down the MV to make it cleaner.

That's got to have been a hell of a lot of work, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that it's definitely appreciated. Been stuck on the Wrecker patch for a long while... Never really bonded with it before, but this new version is just awesome. As is the Super Reverb.

Not sure why they are like they are, but

I lower the input trim in cases like this, to get the model closer to a particular amp.

Once the input trim is lowered, I can pretty much get the drive and master to line back up with the real amp.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom