New preset I built maxes out FM9 non-Turbo capability - and it's a doozy....

Joe Bfstplk

Legend!
So, I had an idea for the ultimate version of my "kitchen sink", and the realization of it just squeaks in under the processor usage warning on the original FM9. :)

FC1 Pedal #2 runs four different sounds (dry guitar, chorused guitar -> continuously variable blend of chorused and Leslie'd -> Leslie'd guitar, solo), with variations on the solo sound at toe-down - either dry guitar with/without delay or Leslie'd guitar with/without delay.

There are a ton of CS and a couple MIDI Externals doing various fun things:
  1. Latching CS1 to engage the amp block boost
  2. Latching CS2 to engage the Griddle Cake
  3. Latching CS3 to engage the Klone
  4. Momentary CS4 to do a delay spike
  5. Momentary CS5 to do a really seasickness-inducing swirling flange
  6. Latching CS6 to determine if the solo gets delay applied when it comes up on the pedal
  7. External 7 (momentary) and External 8 (Latching) working in tandem like 3-way switches in a hallway or stairwell to control Leslie speed (could probably substitute a single channel toggle switch and set the two speeds (0.8 Hz and 6.8 Hz) in the two channels if the fancy 3-way switch action doesn't blow your skirt up)
Link to PRESET - Caution: link is a direct link to the preset file.

NOTE - Updated preset attached. Found a few errors in a couple settings that I've corrected in my local, so fixing the preset here also. :)

Last edited:
Hi Joe a friendly request if you don't mind - please don't put a link to a preset that automatically downloads the file without asking - I assumed it would take us to Axe-Exchange; not pull an unknown file onto my PC.

Nice! Let me know if you want a critique including tips to reduce CPU.
Would love to shave a few percent of CPU usage, but only if it doesn't mess up the control interface. I have done some things strangely for the control it gives over signal flow and being smooth and gap free. The cluster of shunts and mixers coming after the Feedback Return could probably be more efficient, but it was the only way I could find to set up the toe-down range of FC1 Pedal #2 to allow selection of Leslie'd or non-Leslie'd solo....

Hi Joe a friendly request if you don't mind - please don't put a link to a preset that automatically downloads the file without asking - I assumed it would take us to Axe-Exchange; not pull an unknown file onto my PC.
Most links to presets download AUTOMATICALLY? The simple solution is do NOT click on the link. He explained IN DETAIL what the preset was. I am curious? What did you expect to happened when you clicked on the preset?
The OP is also well known on this forum-he is a trusted forum member!

Nice! Let me know if you want a critique including tips to reduce CPU.

Signal routing in this preset could be simplified a bit if we had a couple De-Mixer blocks (basically 6 VolPan volume knobs in a block, with selectable taper, set up so one feeds each following row), and maybe a couple De-Muxer blocks for selecting which row it outputs signal to. A couple more VolPans in the toolbox would help, also....

That behavior is not controlled by the server side or links. The client (your browser) and user (you) are completely responsible for how it works.

We have no ability to add a link that would change how that works; it’s been that way for years.

Congratulations on using almost every modifier slot :D
There have been a couple instances where in previous attempts to put together my "kitchen sink", I ran out of them and had to make "difficult choices" until I figured out a more efficient way of setting it up....

Demo of preset effects capability - using the Chiefman 1 model and matching DynaCab:

Gotta love the combination of Leslie and chorusing in parallel. :)

Back
Top Bottom