New pedal board case for AX8

John1405

Dont know if this belongs in this area so sorry if it doesnt. I bought this case from Rondo Music, it was 99 bucks plus shipping which I think was a great deal. Anyway its really nice case for my Ax.

Attachments

• 101_0596.JPG
    101_0596.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 101_0597.JPG
    101_0597.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 235
It's a nice case. I've bought maybe a half dozen of them for myself and others over the years. It will fit the MFC or AX/FX8 and two expression pedals no problem. I typically make an insert board out of MDF or plywood because the bottom is just foam over aluminum. Still plenty rugged, though.

Dont know if this belongs in this area so sorry if it doesnt. I bought this case from Rondo Music, it was 99 bucks plus shipping which I think was a great deal. Anyway its really nice case for my Ax.
That case looks to be just the right size for my needs—an AX8, two EV-1's and a wireless receiver.

But look it over carefully before subjecting it to too much abuse. The cases of seen that look like that, with perfectly-machined aluminum panels, have turned out to be textured plastic over thin MDF. The only aluminum was in the rails. I've seen them fail under load.

Press the palm of your hand against one of those panels. If it doesn't feel noticeably cold, it's not aluminum.

This is what it says on their website, its all the info I can offer,
CNB PDC-4100G TN Flight Pedal Case
An upgraded case that is extra heavy-duty (and still light weight); has recessed, steel, butterfly latches; and a better handle!

Made of lightweight, durable aluminum, this case is designed to fit a variety of effect pedals or any small item you wish to safely transport

Removable lid

Steel reinforced edges help prevent denting

Soft felt interior cushions your equipment

May be able to qualify as carry on luggage (meets some airlines size requirements - check with your carrier)

And not just for carrying pedals

Read the Customer Comments for our CNB pedal cases - the one from Nathan is funny

Qty Price: $99.95
Add to Wish List

This is what it says on their website, its all the info I can offer,

...Made of lightweight, durable aluminum...
That's what they said about the case I bought, too. I learned the hard way that "made of aluminum" doesn't always mean "made entirely of aluminum."

Does it pass the palm-of-the-hand test?

If any of you guys are looking for a case for the Pedal Train Pro, Odessy makes a really good that also has a side storage area.
Odyssey FZGPEDAL32W Flight Zone 32 Guitar Pedal Board Ata Case With Wheels

felt cold to me, im not going to take a scewdriver to it to prove it is or isnt aluminum, it will get scratched up soon enough, I think its a good deal and seems very sturdy.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom