new owner and a few questions

Hi all!
I would first like to say that I am stoked on the axe like everybody I guess !
So I received it yesterday, played a little bit with the factory presets, was blown away, so everything is great.
But I find it to be a bit noisy. I would just like to know if it is normal or not?

Now my setup goes like this :
rocktron velocity 300
axe fx 2
home made 1*12 cab.
I also own a macbook pro.

I think I've read that with this setup I should disable the cab sim?
So I would like to know what do I need to hook up the axe to the computer for axe change or axe edit for example?
could you give me an example of a product known for working fine and not too expensive if possible?

And would it be better for bedroom playing to invest in a FRFR monitor? I was considering the yamaha HS80m..

any tip for a beginner ? (I still don't know yet how to create a patch haha !)

Thanks a lot, I hope I posted in the right forum

Welcome to the forum! Looks of good folks and advice to be had here. :D

It is not normal for the Axe to be noisy. Can you describe the noise? Could be a ground loop issue.

To use your Macbook with the Axe for using Axe Edit (AxeChange is a future feature of AxeEdit) you'll need a USB cable. That's it!

You might like using studio/FRFR monitors for bedroom playing... only way to know is to give it a try for yourself. Would suggest purchasing monitors from a store with a good return policy, should you not like the FRFR setup.

Tips for beginners... read the manual. And the Wiki. The Wiki can be found here: Axe-Fx II Wiki Home - Axe-Fx II Wiki

When doing your own presets, start out simple, just amp, cab, maybe a reverb and delay block. Go slow, and tweak around!

Again, welcome!

Back
Top Bottom