New Music Format - Completely Revolutionary

jesussaddle

Power User
I had the great fortune of hearing about (and meeting the pioneering mind behind) this new tool for expression and listening enjoyment. It's been developed by Lars Rasmussen, one of the brothers who created Where2Go, which was purchased and became Google Maps. Please check it out! I know it will go far and I'm excited to share it and hope that you all can do some very cool things with it!

Weav by Cute Little Apps

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding. There is no relation to programs like riffstation for changing guitar speed. This is a program for creating a new form of music, with an extra dimension.

Last edited:
I don't want it to become clear. I love music........from Mozart to SRV to LZ to Steely Dan....................................

i was suspicious at first, too. in my mind, the tempo of any piece of music is set in stone and varying it essentially destroys the music. but this isn't about that. this is about creating new pieces of music specifically for the app.

as the user changes the tempo, the music adapts and changes as well, so that it always makes sense. one piece of music could be listened to at 60bpm and be very relaxing, or bumped up to 120bpm and be great to exercise to, or bumped even higher. the point is that whatever tempo you play it at...it always sounds "right". unlike playing a marvin gaye track at 170bpm....which would just sound ridiculous. each piece of music is specifically written to be played within the app and each composer has to include various elements that only appear within certain tempo ranges.

i watched the videos and i can see where they're coming from with this. will it take off? will people actually want it? i don't know....only time will tell, i guess.

watch the PHILyesPHIL vid and you can see how it works. it's actually pretty clever.

This would be great for working out.
It is really hard to put together a good playlist with the right tempo to you workout rutine. If you have one...

Jesus in his name, and revolutionary in the title. Sorry that's an instant pass for me.

J/k

Jesus in his name, and revolutionary in the title. Sorry that's an instant pass for me.
The user name Hey-sooce Saddle was an attempt to find two common words that no one has used on yahoo and gmail; Well, also I guess it was inspired by the idea that Egyptian's might have been riding around on horseback in the America's; and what if there was a relic like a saddle that some holy figure rode on. I didn't mean it as insensitive. But then again, I watched Monty Python a lot as a kid. That is offensive. As far as revolutionary, I did not mean to exaggerate but I guess I did cuz I wrote the post too fast.

To me, honestly, there hasn't been something like this for the artist to explore (and be compensated for), where both a listener and a musician can interact with a music format quite in this way.

But true, there definitely are other types of products where musicians can record in more creative ways than the typical ones. but getting a format accessible and understandable to the listening public that opens this avenue up, to my knowledge hasn't happened. And true, there are many many cases where audiences were enabled to interact with musicians. Todd Rundgren used to do this for example.

But I don't think this has been done in a file format and simple app. At times it is basically done in computer games, by the game designer/s. But I don't think it has been done broadly in a way where musicians can generate royalties for themselves and where one gets an artist's multiple takes on their musical idea in different grooves and tempos; Also, remember, a computer game is basically not made by the musician. So "Completely Revolutionary" was definitely a poor choice of words, perhaps because I didn't think of how that sounded. But re the concept; but I do think it is exciting and cool. Not revolutionary because people had never thought about this before... But it should be a brand new means for artists to express and see revenue if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom