New MFC101 MKIII

syk0d00d

Hello,

So, I have been waiting to get one of the MFC's to compliment my Axe. With yesterday's announcement of the MKIII, if I get on the waiting list, will that be the one I would eventually have the option to purchase?

Thanks much!

Fractal (Cliff) posted the following in another thread where he announced the mkIII

"Anyone on the waiting list will be offered a Mark III. The Mark II is discontinued. Price is TBD but should be around the same. Some things got more expensive, other things got less expensive so I'm expecting the final cost to be roughly the same."

Anybody got any pics of the new back panel and details of the changes made?

Picture here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/news/72486-axe-fest-ii-18.html#post929285 (enhance for visibility)

There's the aforementioned XLR FASLINK connection available on it in addition to the existing Ethercon. And you get silent switches that have no actual moving parts beyond the spring plunger (so no contacts rub together to complete the switch) which means they'll last...long, long time!

crap, this gets announced just as I order the parts to mod my Mk1 MFC to handle ethercon...

Return them? Cliff didn't have an availability date for the FASLINK X1 and X2 boxes. And, while I'm sure they won't be pricey, they probably won't be as cheap as the parts to mod your MkI to Ethercon either. That being said: they'll be even more durable than Ethercon. Tough call...

Return them? Cliff didn't have an availability date for the FASLINK X1 and X2 boxes. And, while I'm sure they won't be pricey, they probably won't be as cheap as the parts to mod your MkI to Ethercon either. That being said: they'll be even more durable than Ethercon. Tough call...

its an international ebay sale :( wasnt able to find an ethercon supplier in Aus (although I'll bet there is one), so returning/cancelling them isn't easily done. I was having horrible troubles with the Ethernet cable coming out, finally remembered to order parts for the mod, do so, then found this. Still cool all the same really. I probably couldnt afford another footswitch anyway, so I'll stick to using my (soon to be modded) Mk1 until it craps out as I'd rather buy a mk. 3 over just having the converter and miss out on all the other cool things it can do

I was having horrible troubles with the Ethernet cable coming out
The X1/X2 units probably would only help a little here since you still need a short CAT5 connection between your MFC and the X2 (I think that's the one that goes on the MFC side). And it would be as lose as your connections are now.

Wonder if I'm the only person alive who actually DOESN'T like silent switches.

I for example went out of my way to find the v1 of the Strymon El Capistan Tape Delay pedal for the very reason it didn't have the clickless switches. I like the tactile feedback under my foot to confirm it engaged. I've found with clickless pedals sometimes I would think I tapped the switch hard enough and find the effect didn't kick in etc.

I do realize for some peoples applications they need total silence and a click could be annoying for the crowd to hear, but I've always had to deal with pool games going on, people talking, bottles clanking and such even when the music isn't playing and during a song, no way anyone is going to hear the sound of a footswtich, so the silence thing is a non-issue for me.

I'm sad to see they MKII is going way, because if I had the choice of normal or silent switches I'd totally go for the normal ones every time.

Can't make everyone happy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I for one, just want that FASLINK. Ive resorted to extreme measures ever since the ethernet jack on my mfc MK1 broke.

Wonder if I'm the only person alive who actually DOESN'T like silent switches.

I for example went out of my way to find the v1 of the Strymon El Capistan Tape Delay pedal for the very reason it didn't have the clickless switches. I like the tactile feedback under my foot to confirm it engaged. I've found with clickless pedals sometimes I would think I tapped the switch hard enough and find the effect didn't kick in etc.

I do realize for some peoples applications they need total silence and a click could be annoying for the crowd to hear, but I've always had to deal with pool games going on, people talking, bottles clanking and such even when the music isn't playing and during a song, no way anyone is going to hear the sound of a footswtich, so the silence thing is a non-issue for me.

I'm sad to see they MKII is going way, because if I had the choice of normal or silent switches I'd totally go for the normal ones every time.

You won't be sad for long ... I am sure there will be plenty of second hand Mark IIs available once the Mark IIIs start rolling off the assembly line and into the hands of Fractalites everywhere. :encouragement:

Wow, just a couple of months ago that my MK II came in after me being on the waiting list for a while. Now, a new MFC is coming out. Oh well, the march of technology stops for no one.

I've been sitting here on the waiting list for an MFC since August 31 hoping my invite to purchase doesn't get lost in spam world. I'm really glad to have waited this long knowing what I'll be getting will be better than what I thought I was getting. Any rough idea when we may have one of these things? I'm really dying to play with my AxeFxII live and have been fighting buying another controller for it. I know the MFC will be the least amount of hassle and time to program especially when "Time" isn't something I have much of these days.

I've been on the list since August 11th. I've got an FCB1010 but it's just so much more limited than my current pedalboard based rig, so I'm still waiting. Wish I could get my hands on one.

PS: I don't really care about the FASlink as much, or the silent switches. But if I have the opportunity get a MK III, I may as well. Guess I Could look for a used MK II...

Well, having just bought an Axe FX2 Mk 2 three weeks ago, I'm quite disappointed that a Mk III version is soon to be arriving...
I can't imagine the company sticking to an adapter solution on the Axe Fx side for so long with this new technology on the controller side !
If only the axe fx platform was designed with modularity in mind from the start to allow us to upgrade for future changes without adding some external boxes. This "adapter" thing just goes against the whole "everything in a single box" axe philopsophy, as well as adding another failure point and it's a big no-no in my book...

Evolution is a good thing and I can't deny the axe sound quality but after owning one, I can definitely understand the simplistic beauty and durability of a real amplifier.
Buying a tube amp is like buying a part of history as opposed to this ephemeral world of computers...

Back
Top Bottom