New MFC Gig Bag

jborders5

Hi All-

First post for me. Long time tube amp repair, builder and on day 4 with an Axe FX II (loving every minute). I recently signed on for a cover band gig that does a lot of newer pop/dance music and decided to leave the amps at home. My goal is to get in and out of the gigs in one trip. I'm carrying two electrics in a Mono M80 double gig bag, the FX II will be in a 4 space soft sided rack along with a custom in/out panel, 4 channel 1/2 rack stereo mixer & Shure PSM 900 IEM. I found a great bag for the MFC, EXP pedals and everything else. Not sure if it's been discussed before, but thought I'd share:

Fusion DJ Workstation Gig Bag
F1 Workstation DJ [FBU-SA-01 W DJ B] - $215.00 : Fusion Bags USA

It has separate padded sleeves to hold the MFC, 1 - 4 expression pedals and a ton of room left for cables, small folding guitar stands. It also has a nice padded area for a laptop or iPad. It's not a tiny bag, but will definitely work well for my needs.

F1-WORKSTATION-DJ.jpg

F1-WORKSTATION-DJ-04.jpg

My experience with Fusion USA was great. I sent an email regarding availability and received a response within the hour. Ordered it yesterday, shipped same day and received today:

(Waiting on my Mission EXP pedals)
photovym.jpg

photo1kec.jpg

Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Wow - now that looks great! Thanks for the heads up. Would the Axe II fit in that bag too (if leaving the pedals at home)??

Edit: Just did a little search and found this video, that gives an in-depth run-down of all the features of this bag. Pretty cool stuff.

Last edited:
Looks damn cool...but $215...ouch! I think I will stick to my "duffle bag full of crap" approach for MFC + 2 expression pedals + cords :).

Now that is some great news! Thanks for sharing the pics. So, one hand grabs the guitar, bag with Axe + MFC on the shoulder, Matrix FRFR 1x12 Monitor grabed by other hand... Sounds like the ultimate mobile setup to me!

Looks great, but it's not a small bag:

I was thinking it was a cool bag but then saw that photo on their site - holy smokes, that's a big bag. I could see it tipping you over and you're stuck lying on your back unable to get up. It is a cool bag though - no way to get around the size it needs to be to house all of that stuff.

Hey - this is a great find. I'm a longtime traveler with an Axe-Fx II and MFC that does fly dates throughout the year. How has this panned out for you? Has the bag held up to the weight/punishment? Can you fit a laptop along with the MFC and Axe-Fx in the bag? How are the shoulder straps with that weight on your back and shoulders?

Thanks!

that's pretty freaking cool....amazing to be able to carry your whole rig on a plane. now to figure out who to get two fbv500's in there, lol. (i'd almost ditch the pedal train and just set them on the floor if i had this bag, the pedal train is such a giant piece of kit to carry around.

(i'd almost ditch the pedal train and just set them on the floor if i had this bag, the pedal train is such a giant piece of kit to carry around.

When I started going back out on the road with Karsh Kale I was hauling a nearly 100 pound road case with crazy effects in it. Sure, sounded amazing, but VERY difficult to deal with. You can only do that when you're literally on the road. No flying. I went to the Pedaltrain Pro, but it was still 70 pounds or so albeit wheels were now in the mix. At some point I had just had it and started the search and eventually came to Fractal.

As for Fusion - been with them for a few years now. Nicest bunch of ladies you can meet in the business. Very passionate about their products. I use their double guitar bag, the laptop workstation and smaller personal bag. They all connect to the main gig bag. Great system! But, the MFC barely fits in the laptop bag. This bag seems to do AND the Axe-Fx. That's freakin' awesome. Hoping to hear back from the post-er soon about fitting a laptop in there and how the bag has held up. As for the cost - not bad at all. Roadcases are crazy expensive and totally impossible to resell. Been there. This is a great situation.

I've talked with Matt Picone about this a few times. He uses a MONO 365 bag. It's cool and I almost went for it until I saw this!

Back
Top Bottom