New Member - Need convincing!

I think you would do very well with the AF II for all of the above reasons and also.
You already have a large rack so you already understand routing and placement of the effects in regards to the weather to place them after or before the preamp. In the case of the AF II it would be just after or before the amp model & cab..
You already know how to program a multi effects processer since you already have a G-Major.

You own a All Access so you already know about midi mapping programs IA switches and all that fun stuff.

Ahhhh
You could keep the All Access for when you're "in the pits" The buttons are more silent than the MFC-101 (and have a nicer feel), but you'll buy it eventually
I have both controllers and agree completely.

So I think you would adapted to an Axe FX very nicely.

Although I have embraced the FRFR route I still have a Mesa 2x12 Recto cab and it roars with my GT800 although as suggested check out the latest greatest GT1000

My current setup (even with a real cab) is way more satisfying than my old 16sp rack with a TriAxis and 2:90 at the core.

John

Haha you caught me! Im guessing these things don't come up too often on the classifieds but you never know. I have seen a few for sale on a well known selling site in the UK but I was getting very strange replies and all adverts seemed to be too similar for my liking! The search continues.......(or I will give in and buy a new one!)

Hey mate. I'm a long term tube user and also had the same Triaxis + 2:90 setup at one point, in addition to 4 other tube amps. I ditched everything a month after I got my Axe FX.

Anyway, if you want to start small just to see how you get on with it, check the for sale section here. I saw someone selling an Axe standard for cheap in the UK. Although it cannot compare to the Axe II, it'll still be miles ahead of the POD. My other guitarist bought the standard last month "just to try", and he's now sold off his 5150 rig.

There's no comparison. It takes some time to get used to the controls, but it sings at any volume!

However, you might miss your tubes to warm your hands on a frigid night!

American Idiot and Book of Mormon touring productions are using it. Cirque du Soleil uses it in lots of shows.
I have a session this Saturday with Trans Siberian Orchestra.

Back
Top Bottom