new member/believer...

vae

Picked up the Axe-FX thinking if I wasn't satisfied I would definitely return it. Going through the presets, the high-gainers almost pushed me to send the unit back -- but after spending about 10 minutes working with an amp I know, I was convinced.

I've had the unit for about 3 weeks now and continue to be thoroughly satisfied, one of my best gear purchases for sure!

My setup:
homestu.jpg

Welcome and really nice looking layout..but you knew that already and thats why you posted the pic!! ;)
What are you speaker stands? :)

Yep definitely, I hated that medusa head breakout cable -- the breakout box is bliss!

Nice and clean. Looks like an ad for... everything in the picture, really. Star filter FTW!

Is that the HAG Capisco chair? I've been looking at one of those as a replacement for my Freedom chair for a while. How do you like it? Can you comfortably play guitar while seated?

onovacane said:
Nice and clean. Looks like an ad for... everything in the picture, really. Star filter FTW!

Is that the HAG Capisco chair? I've been looking at one of those as a replacement for my Freedom chair for a while. How do you like it? Can you comfortably play guitar while seated?

Yep its the HAG -- I love it. One of the main reasons I wanted it was because its so comfortable to play guitar in. I have the headrest as well but don't use it as much as I like to sit backwards in it from time to time.

Honestly, Fractal Audio needs to change the default presets to some made by the community. First impression is important, and from what I understand almost everyone hates the factory presets. It's weird.

Sick setup, btw.

Kohe321 said:
Honestly, Fractal Audio needs to change the default presets to some made by the community. First impression is important, and from what I understand almost everyone hates the factory presets. It's weird.

Sick setup, btw.
Agreed... but remember that factory presets are [usually] designed to show device capability, which the current Axe crop certainly does. Have you ever used a modeler (or other guitar processor) that even had its "factory" patches volume leveled across the presets, let alone have a significant percentage that one could actually make use of ??? There are some really good starting points in the FAS presets tho'. That's a big plus to me :)

Perhaps Bank "C" could optionally become a "Contribution" bank ??

Kohe321 said:

Sick setup, btw.

That's tricky, I might be in minority and I probably am but I am certainly not the only one,
to me 99% of factory presets are very usable while most of the presets from Axe-Change are not. :?:

Cool setup btw, great chair!! :)

Back
Top Bottom