New Kemper Profiler Remote - Thoughts

agreed it is pricey, but i like the way that it looks and its small. dont get me wrong, im really liking the MFC right now..but wish there was a mini MFC in the future

I_Don't_Care_Anymore_Phil_Collins.jpg

:mrgreen

I think the MIDI out is through the Kemper (so you need one) ? There's no MIDI socket to be found on the pictures

No midi on the board itself and not much of accessories connection options either (for external switchers, expression etc.)….
600$ for that...ha WTF, I'm not a Kemper user but still it irritates to see this numbers, no shame at all over these guys.
For much less than that you got few solid solutions out there, especially if it's a small midi board for the Axe you are looking for, example:

tech21 midi mouse | eBay

Tech 21 MIDI Moose | eBay

New Programmable MIDI Foot Controller MIDI Foot Switch FCB4X | eBay

Rocktron MIDI Mate | eBay

Decibel Eleven Midi | eBay

Disaster Area DMC-4 | eBay

Voodoo Lab Commander MIDI | eBay

Rocktron MIDI Xchange | eBay

One Control Gecko | eBay

DIGITECH CONTROL SEVEN 7 MIDI | eBay

AMT Electronics FS-2MIDI - 2-button Footswitch and MIDI Controller

I feel sorry for the Kemper users, took so much time until they came with a midi board and now that.

Description here.....

Controlling external MIDI Gear

With the Profiler Remote it is of course also possible to switch and control external MIDI Gear. Program changes executed with the Profiler Remote for example can be defined with a MIDI program change command that is sent to external MIDI gear simultaneously via the Profiler’s MIDI Out connector.

Is it saying the Profiler Remote or the Kemper itself? It may be there's an outboard midi out connector included or something.

Well, comparing it to the MFC, it's a bit overpriced yes... BUT the K has a nicer screen (sorry that's the only thing superior i've found on the K ^^)

No midi on the board itself and not much of accessories connection options either (for external switchers, expression etc.)….
600$ for that...ha WTF, I'm not a Kemper user but still it irritates to see this numbers, no shame at all over these guys.
For much less than that you got few solid solutions out there, especially if it's a small midi board for the Axe you are looking for, example:

tech21 midi mouse | eBay

Tech 21 MIDI Moose | eBay

New Programmable MIDI Foot Controller MIDI Foot Switch FCB4X | eBay

Rocktron MIDI Mate | eBay

Decibel Eleven Midi | eBay

Disaster Area DMC-4 | eBay

Voodoo Lab Commander MIDI | eBay

Rocktron MIDI Xchange | eBay

One Control Gecko | eBay

DIGITECH CONTROL SEVEN 7 MIDI | eBay

AMT Electronics FS-2MIDI - 2-button Footswitch and MIDI Controller

I feel sorry for the Kemper users, took so much time until they came with a midi board and now that.

Hughes & Kettner FSM432 mkIII

The price is probably a bigger issue for US users. Here in Europe it's 499€ ($576) for the Kemper Remote and 799€ ($923) for the MFC so it's almost half the price of an MFC.

EDIT: But why are we even talking about this in here anymore? :D It's not 2013.

Looking at it purely from a cost per functional button the MFC is a better deal, add in the functionality of the MFC and it's really no comparison not to mention it's fUgly looking.

MFC - all the flexibility you need, except expression pedals which come at an added cost (+$100-150ish each) from someone like ME, but the ports are there. $750 in the states.

Kemper's board - not made for the AxeFx, obviously, but I would presume it to be as flexible to their product line as the MFC is to a lot of you guys. $600 in the states.

Line6 POD HD500X - complete flexibility with FAS & KPA (I'm using it with both, simultaneously). I can change presets on both preamps, use scenes, control looper functions, patch in/out multiple effects from either unit with one button, control modifiers and KPA parameters via built in dual-expression pedal (also simultaneously) without an additional cost, setup certain presets to have corresponding switches for more scenes, or fewer scenes and more looper functions, programmable CC's, PC's, you name it... $500 brand new and about half as much on the used market in the states (I got mine brand new at dealer cost, $250, or about 1/4 the price of an MFC & a pairs of ME pedals to have the same functionality). Oh, and it's compact & durable... really durable. I've been using the same one (original HD500, before the "X" model) since they came out, as a controller for multiple rigs with very different setups, including a few tours to Iraq and other shit holes.

I understand that we're all FAS fans here. I am too, but it baffles me how short sighted some can be when it comes to alternative products.

As a Kemper / Axe 2 owner, I wont be buying the new FC. My FCB 1010 does all I need and more.

Side bar - I find these days the Kemper profiles Im using from Michael Britt (lonestar) have me almost exclusively using the Kemper for projects. They are sonically amazing and need no tweeking at all. Im addicted to the Marshalls from Pack 2.

Im sure I will return to using the Axe FX 2 in the future, but for now thats not the case.

Last edited:
As a Kemper / Axe 2 owner, I wont be buying the new FC. My FCB 1010 does all I need and more.

Side bar - I find these days the Kemper profiles Im using from Michael Britt (lonestar) have me almost exclusively using the Kemper for projects. They are sonically amazing and need no tweeking at all. Im addicted to the Marshalls from Pack 2.

Im sure I will return to using the Axe FX 2 in the future, but for now thats not the case.

The Lasse Lammert stuff is FANTASTIC for high gain!

Back
Top Bottom