New helix feedbacker - better than the freqout?

Sydchotti

So, I don’t have the helix though I do own the freqout. Came across this frank comparison, wonder if someone else has given it a try?

Perhaps now a serious feedbacker from the axefx might come along somewhere down the line.

At the risk of being drawn and quartered, I do think about picking up a Helix Stomp from time to time to run in a loop and use some of the effects that Axe FX doesn't do well/at all. This and the glitch delays come to mind immediately.

Could be a nice supplement to the Fractal Universe.

The digitech freqout seems to be great . First time I ve heard it as I’m not really interested by a feedbacker, but yeah that’s cool finally

The digitech freqout seems to be great . First time I ve heard it as I’m not really interested by a feedbacker, but yeah that’s cool finally
I seem to have issues getting natural sounding feedback from the freqout, especially when you hold notes (Gary Moore or Santana), it doesn’t take to the vibrato quite well. Also there is the issue of feedback dying out abruptly.

I bet Cliff already is working on the topic and releases a perfect Fractal solution soon!

I dude of mine said, he doesn't like modelers because of missing feedback. This could be an additional key for success.

I'm starting to get nice natural sounding feedback from the amp out compressor using the feedback comp type instead of output with it set at 1/2 - 3/4 db on the Plexis. Gonna play loud next weekend. Can't wait to feel what it's like moving air.
I had the some of the problems stated when I had a freqout. Still new to the iii where I'm discovering things the vets all know and use well.

The Helix one has some nice possibilities. I couldn’t tell from the video but one thing I would want to do is use an expression pedal to fade in the feedback and fade it out as needed. Seems pretty basic as I do it now with other effects by just assigning the mix parameter to a pedal.

Back
Top Bottom