New Heavy stuff using FAS Modern!

@SalAlexander:

Thanks man... and wow! How did you even play your instrument with that big fine woman in you presence...? I would definitely have destroyed my guitar via boner. That chick is so gosh dang sexy! And as far as the comment I made... that was basically a poor choice of words on my part in reply to a comment from a fellow listener. I think Jessie is an insanely talented momma....and like I said... ridiculously beautiful woman. Thanks for checking my stuff man!

Hahahaha yeah, it was...hard :lol

@plyall

I program all of my drums using the piano roll in Presonus Studio One. As far as the sound for the drums, I downloaded the Veil of Maya drum preset from Garell2 on Youtube and tweaked it to my liking. I'm glad you liked it man... thanks for the kind words!

Hey guys... I posted the patch on my first post if you are interested. Check it and let me know what you think! And I will try to get the stems together for those of you who asked for them. Thanks

guitars sound freaking awesome but are way too low in the mix!

kick and snare absolutely too loud

is there any bass guitar in it?

Thanks man. And yea... didn't really spend any time at all mixing it. I just pretty much left everything at the default levels that I keep them at. I do have a bass track in it for the first part but after a minute in it is guitars and drums only. I definitely want to add a little more drive or grit to the bass patch I used to help it sit better with the guitars. I changed the snare up a bit since this mix and it sounds much better. Plus I lowered the kick and snare some more. I didn't reference them on too many different sounds systems at first but I feel you on the drum levels now that I've spot checked it. Thnaks for the listen and feedback man!

Any of you fellas checked out the patch yet? I'm curious if you guys like it or have some suggestions. And I'm still waiting for a chance to get the stems together for you guys. Thanks!

Any of you fellas checked out the patch yet? I'm curious if you guys like it or have some suggestions. And I'm still waiting for a chance to get the stems together for you guys. Thanks!

thing is with a patch, it won't sound the same on my guitar or the next guy's guitar, unless we have an identical guitar with the same specs as your guitar (wood on the guitar changes the tone aswell)

Last edited:
thing is with a patch, it won't sound the same on my guitar or the next guy's guitar, unless we have an identical guitar with the same specs as your guitar (wood on the guitar changes the tone aswell)

Yes and no. It won't sound the same, but there will be similar basic tonal elements. Like, on one of mine, though it's in standard tuning, I can hear the main tone and 'wail' of the amp. There's way too much sizzle and crunch, and it's a little too gated, for my guitar/pickups. I don't know as that amp will even reap a tone I care for - but it's interesting to hear how it sounds on my guitars and all.

Back
Top Bottom