New Guitar Day.....

Kidding, right? An actual '58? Holy crap...

That must be a pension fund right there... Better not tell anyone you live in London...

Enjoy! And play the darn thing well!

Funny, I know Joe pretty well, he's a super nice guy and a real guitar geek. He hadn't seen this guitar, and he's touring in Europe. We were swapping pictures as he was about to take delivery of a different (and even prettier) 'burst. His deal closed two days after mine.

Yep, I'm blessed to own this guitar. It's an ex-Mick Ralphs one from Bad Co. days. It's a loooooong story, but i flew to NY to look at another guitar, which turned out to be a fake. I had my authenticator guy drive 12 hours to meet me....so we were bummed that it was a fugazi. We had a chance at some others, but they all had issues (Bigsby holes, neck breaks etc...) and I decided to fly out to be at home with wife/kids on my birthday. I'm checking in for the flight and I get a call to come back to Manhattan. Not keen, I was tired of the chase by that point......but hell, it was what I was there for, so why not. This guitar REALLY came out of left field. Early meeting with the seller the next day, easy deal, super nice guy. He's had it out of public view for 18 years.

I can honestly say it's the best guitar I own by quite some way..........and it sounds awesome through the Axe.

Appreciate the comments..........and yes, it was all the $......but I doubt I'll lose money on it, which is my benchmark.

Cool to hear the background story, and nice that your trip wasn't in vain. The last time I heard, Joe had a couple of 59's and a 60? That was a couple years ago, so no telling what his total is now. I've heard him play them live and they sound great, but then so do all of his guitars. Congrats on such a big score, and it's nice to hear you play it through the Axe. That definitely adds to the Axe's credibility.

Nice! My older brother is a big Mick Ralphs fan. I'll have to send him a link to the thread so he can have a boo.

The last time I heard, Joe had a couple of 59's and a 60? That was a couple years ago, so no telling what his total is now.

Joe's been busy. I think it's now six 'bursts and a couple of goldtops. He also has the "black 'burst", one of I believe two original black PAF'd Les Pauls.

Wow, what a beautiful guitar! It would be awesome if you could record some comparison clips between a newer Les Paul and the real deal.

Congratulations on your purchase and happy birthday!

Gorgeous! My next statement in is in the sprit of some of M@'s FB posts:

If you didn't get a '58 LP on your 49th, then nobody loves you. ;)

Gorgeous!! And if you wanted a newer Les Paul, I really won't mind swapping mine with yours. :D

Happy birthday!! Tell Joe I've got all his albums so am due a visit from him someday. :)

He's back in the UK in April. I'll organize some tickets to the show, four nights at the Apollo from memory. PM me nearer the time so I don't forget.

Joe Bonamassa live at the Apollo? That would be amazing to see! :) :) I actually think those shows are pretty much all sold out already. Really kind of you though! :)

Back
Top Bottom