New guitar day - PRS Tremonti

SRV style!
SRVnumber1_02.jpg

Reactions: jon
Tremol-no is an excellent product, and I recommend it. I have a LOT of Floyd type bridges - I used to play a lot of wild stuff :lol:

I've since mellowed out and play cowboy chords now, re-modded all my guitars to suit the style, but the Floyd was still buggin me. Tried the tremol-no and been hooked since. Very good for preventing those strings from ringing sharp if you play hard like I do, and you can always put it back in Floyd mode. Very good for double stops and increases sustain a bit. Definitely a must-get.

weak spot? like a crack? hah, I don't think I do, well yeah I like the vintage worn look, fine, I do.
But! Not in my royal blue ibanez rg1527! I was backstage once and this guy with a bass turns around "forgetting" the bass hanging on him, *BABOOM!
Straight into my ibanez. Funny thing is, I did not have to say anything. I'm certain he could see the flame escalating in my eyes by the instant look I threw at him.
It was almost as if he went straight down on his knees, fearing the wrath of neverbefore seen rage. My first dent on a mint guitar, I'd even polished it.

"It was a wrong turn, no big deal. Could have happend to anyone.."Said the white angel on my left shoulder.
"Off with his head!" Shouted the red devil on my right shoulder.

It was a once in a lifetime mortal combat-moment. I could see a big red dripping sign on the wall going "FINISH HIM!"

Burning%20Eyes-302749.gif

I went with "hey, hey, hey! See where you're going (fine, it was dark there), it's ok it was an accident."

At least that's how I choose to remember it.. no,haha I went easy on him. "controlling myself" was the moral of the night. Yes, I can control myself, I chose to, and I did.
He is still alive to this very day :D

Last edited:
Reactions: jon
At a guess I would say Tremonti pickups (no not taking the piss, they come stock with specially designed pickups to Mark Tremonti's spec) :D
It's a fair answer. Figured they might have been swapped because of the mismatch (cover/no cover).

I've seen a lot of PRS's.....matter of fact my friend owns a music store and is a buddy of prs, and they send him all sorts of gorgeous prs pr0n all the time. I will say that even thru all of that, that ^ guitar is a standout! :)

Thanks! Yeah, I fell in love with it first time I saw it...was worried about not having the warranty though since it was "preowned" by the business I got it from. He buys and sells high end guitars...this was unplayed and brand new, but PRS considers it a 2 owner piece. I called all over trying to get pricing on a new one, and got some figures that were a little more than this one, but I was thinking that the factory warranty would be worth the few extra dollars. Problem was, NOONE could guarantee me a top like this. I've seen other 10-tops from PRS that just didn't do much for me, so i was afraid of ordering a new one and not liking the top and being stuck with it. Plus there's a 90-day wait as well. It's funny cause the one guy I was working with at guitar center saw the picture of this and said "dude, just buy it"...! He said he highly doubted that I'd get a better top than that if I ordered one. So here we are...haven't looked back...I love it!

Had a piece of rack gear fall. put a nice gouge down the front. Bummer.
Well, its a player guitar now :)
Thats the reason I don't buy new guitars,I bought a use Ibanez js ,looks like some one used the bottom edge to nail a spike in.Plus I can't leave a guitar alone,gotta change pickups,stainless steel frets.Enjoy the new axe,Looks sweeeet!!

Back
Top Bottom