New FX8?

Out of frustration with the lack of an update, I traded my FX8 towards a Guthrie Govan Charvel.

But I am secretly holding out hope that they update the model. Rather than going bigger/more, I think I'd rather see smaller and more compact (FX4 ?). I rather like the HX Effects and HX Stomp - I just wish they sounded better and were more flexible.

Out of frustration with the lack of an update, I traded my FX8 towards a Guthrie Govan Charvel.

But I am secretly holding out hope that they update the model. Rather than going bigger/more, I think I'd rather see smaller and more compact (FX4 ?). I rather like the HX Effects and HX Stomp - I just wish they sounded better and were more flexible.

I like the 8 or 12 switch option, it helps with a live performance. You're right though, the Line 6 stuff just doesn't match Fractal quality IMO. Maybe in January they'll announce something in time for my birthday on the 30th :)

I have the original FX8 and I freakin' love it! I bought it back in 2014 and I use it with my Rage Against the Machine tribute band, and my original band. With that said, I am hoping that we will get an update on the FX8. My FX8 wishlist:

- I'd like to see scribble strips for each effect, and color rings similar to the Fractal FC-6 and FC-12 foot controllers
- I'd like to see a smaller version of the FX8 so I can use it as backup for my main pedalboard.

Line 6 has the Helix and HX. The Line 6 HX is just a smaller version of the Helix.

I have a feeling that they will with the new Axe FX III out. I think they may come out with a upgraded CPU that will expand it's capabilities. I think I am going to hold off buying the MK II for a while. Of course it's just a feeling but it makes sense from a business stand point.

Same here. I need a multi-fx unit but I am holding off for a bit. I have the feeling they will announce an updated one soon.

I actually just went back to a FX8. I had one when they first came out but then got lured by some pedals and ended up with a boutique multi-thousand dollar pedalboard. And though I much prefer the immediacy of turning knobs all the other advantages of an all-one-in add up. I hope they continue to support it and/or update it - but I think the reality is FX8 users are a very small part of Fractals' customers which is I guess why they don't devote much resources to improve and fix bugs for it.

Back
Top Bottom