New FX8 not registering certain midi CCs

Hey guys,

Im a very happy new FX8 MKii owner, but I have run into an interesting problem.

I use the RJM Mastermind PBC to control my entire rig (FX8 included). With my workflow, I map PBC buttons to turn certain FX8 blocks on and off basically to have a quick recall button on the pbc but I have run into an issue where the FX8 only acknowledges some of the pre-programmed factory midi CC's

I have no problems getting my delay, flanger, and drive blocks to follow the CC's, however, the phaser, rotary, pitch, tremolo and reverb effects are not following (as well as their X/Y CCs). I have double checked the FX8 itself to make sure the i/o controls are mapped correctly internally. They definitely are. (CPU usage is floating around 70% on most fx8 presets im running.)

Now the interesting part, I had a Pitch block open today and accidentally selected midi CC Phaser 1 instead of the pitch CC, lo-and-behold Phaser 1 CC turns the pitch block on/off!
Same with the Reverb, it was Phaser 2 CC that would change the Reverb 1 block.
I havent found what random CC changes the rotary or phaser yet.
When I fire the pbc button, I can see the fx8 is recieving the midi command, but nothing happens unless I have the wrong CC selected.
Coincidentally, if I use the pbc to change a whole scene, all the blocks(in any assortment) change correctly as a scene, its only when I individually try to control one block.

So it seems that something is off internally in code somewhere? What do you guys think?

Again, i have triple checked the i/o page midi cc's on the FX8 itself and they read exactly as the manual does per the factory settings. I have even tried changing these to other random or open CC's but those certain effects (trem, pitch, rotary, reverb) will not map to their CC's.

Thank you for the help

Do a system reset (Utility) on the FX8 first, to really make sure that the CCs are defaulted.

How do you assign switches to effects on the PBC?
If the PBC is anything like the MM GT, there are two ways:

1) select the effect directly, such as DRIVE 1 (based on a database inside the PBC)

or

2) select the MIDI CC that corresponds with that of the desired effect.

If you use method 1, it's possible that the PBC has wrong settings in its database for the FX8.

It might have something to do with you MIDI cable?
I've had issues with my FX8 (Mk I) not sending any MIDI out, though it was setup too, and I found the error simply lied in the MIDI cable. I suppose there's a difference in impedance in some of these - had my local cable-mechanic fix me up a multi-cable, which worked perfectly in my previous setup with sending MIDI back/forth, but as soon as I plugged the same MIDI cable into the FX8, I got nothing.

If you have a spare MIDI cable lying around, you should try that out I guess.

Do a system reset (Utility) on the FX8 first, to really make sure that the CCs are defaulted.
Thank you for your suggestion.
I did the system reset, and it did not change anything.

Yes, the PBC assigns the same two ways you have listed. I have tried both with no success with those listed effects.

Im at a loss.

This has been confirmed as a bug, and will be corrected in the next release.

Hi, I have the same problem with my FX8 (5.03) with the reverb A/B (default MIDI CC116) - it switches the rotary.
I have checked cables, routings, change numbers - no success. With other A/B like chorus I have no problems.
Thanks for helping and best regards!

Back
Top Bottom