New Fractal product coming!!

Everything is a tool. Fractal, neural, line 6, etc and I bet you couldn’t pick it out any of them in a full band mix.

I agree. I do not like when people claim one of the big modelers is inherently better than the rest, they all have pros and cons and uses for different people. There are tons of famous artists using QCs and other Fractal competitors, and it would be ridiculous to suggest they're all just misinformed children that can't decide for themselves.

But that being said, I actually have found myself better able to pick QC tones out in a mix as they're appearing more often these days. I feel that all tones from them have a similar sound to them, like individual models share too much of the same DNA.

In a mix it's "sound"... Not the same as playing and having the "feel" as well as the sound.
Very true. I feel that is what many of the YT reviewers miss. Just because something sounds the same(ish) in the mix, does not mean it sounds great isolated in phones, or while one is rehearsing.

well some people keep their stuff clean because they also use it at home... but there's also people that walk around with shoes in their appartment... so... yeah capacitive footswitches are a blessing because you're insanely fast.

I use my HXFX in the studio and I never touch the footswitches because I have a $50 laptop which provides an 100x better interface to my devices.

Everything is a tool. Fractal, neural, line 6, etc and I bet you couldn’t pick it out any of them in a full band mix.
It's a digital emulation of an analog device... all are at different levels of accuracy. One is more accurate than the rest. If you like one of the less accurate that's fine but that doesn't make them the same thing. I'm a little more picky myself.

In a mix it's "sound"... Not the same as playing and having the "feel" as well as the sound.
Right…well “feel” is subjective to the individual so the people out in the audience don’t know you’re playing your fractal unit. Again as I initially said all the products the companies make are tools. My mark v:35 feels better than my axe fx but on silent stages I choose not to use the resistor loaded cab clone. So in the end you and I choose to use fractal products to accomplish that goal any modeler would accomplish that goal of playing a gig and that was my point. Sound wise the point is moot.

It's a digital emulation of an analog device... all are at different levels of accuracy. One is more accurate than the rest. If you like one of the less accurate that's fine but that doesn't make them the same thing. I'm a little more picky myself.
In today’s world I’m sure all these companies are accurate to their reference amps. Who told you they were less accurate? Someone from another company? Hmmmm…anyways…I use an axe fx why because like my point that was the tool I choose to use…as do you.

Right…well “feel” is subjective to the individual so the people out in the audience don’t know you’re playing your fractal unit. Again as I initially said all the products the companies make are tools. My mark v:35 feels better than my axe fx but on silent stages I choose not to use the resistor loaded cab clone. So in the end you and I choose to use fractal products to accomplish that goal any modeler would accomplish that goal of playing a gig and that was my point. Sound wise the point is moot.

In today’s world I’m sure all these companies are accurate to their reference amps. Who told you they were less accurate? Someone from another company? Hmmmm…anyways…I use an axe fx why because like my point that was the tool I choose to use…as you did.
I don't use a Fractal for the audience, I use it for ME!

Aside from the musicians in the audience, most probably would not notice if it was a Gorilla GG-10.

As for accuracy, there is no way a black box approach is beating a proper white box approach.

The black box method only captures a subset of audio responses from a source amp and uses interpolation to arrive at the in-between values.

The white box approach recreates the actual circuits and thus will be far more accurate.

I don't use a Fractal for the audience, I use it for ME!

Aside from the musicians in the audience, most probably would not notice if it was a Gorilla GG-10.

As for accuracy, there is no way a black box approach is beating a proper white box approach.

The black box method only captures a subset of audio responses from a source amp and uses interpolation to arrive at the in-between values.

The white box approach recreates the actual circuits and thus will be far more accurate.
Good for you you use it for yourself. No another musician will not be able to tell sorry. I can’t. And neither can many others sorry you’re hearing things if you can. And idc about black box or white box I care about playing the guitar. Go quote someone else and brag to them. This had nothing to do with my initial comment.

Back
Top Bottom