New Fractal product coming!!

IIRC, one of the reasons the FX8 died was it did not sell vey well. In this day and age of amp modeling I don't see the logic for trying something that already showed it does not sell.
Then again, I am happy where I am so there is that! FM3 mk II Turbo and FM9......My days of carrying amps ended long ago..........
So I guess for me it does not matter.
As implausible as I know this would be, probably the only thing I would buy is an in between FM, as in FM6. But I doubt that would happen.
ALTHOUGH, they do kind of have the chassis for it already :)
I will be getting the FM9 with larger LCDS at some point though.

Last edited:
there is something special using fx8 only i tried fm9 and axe fx 2 4cm with real amp but i always go back to my fx8
YES!!! Same here. It was specifically designed for the purpose of effects only, and it's an absolutely brilliant device. It's incredibly easy to intergrate in 4 or 7cm, and just works flawlessly. I prefer it head and shoulders over the HX Effects, and trying to use the FM9 for that purpose.

Everything including the layout, switches, etc. are essentially perfect. And, I never really need more than the included blocks of the FX8. And, the X/Y is also plenty sufficient over A,B,C,D. Yes, there may still need to be limitations, but sometimes, limitations help us to more effectively use what is available.

That being said, in addition to the 3rd gen effects, if there was anyway to add an IR block (in my case, for acoustic) and a 2nd output for that, it would be even more ideal. But, I would be perfectly happy to work around that. It wouldn't actually be necessary.

Last edited:
YES!!! Same here. It was specifically designed for the purpose of effects only, and it's an absolutely brilliant device. It's incredibly easy to intergrate in 4 or 7cm, and just works flawlessly. I prefer it head and shoulders over the HX Effects, and trying to use the FM9 for that purpose.

Everything including the layout, switches, etc. are essentially perfect. And, I never really need more than the included blocks of the FX8. And, the X/Y is also plenty sufficient over A,B,C,D. Yes, there may still need to be limitations, but sometimes, limitations help us to more effectively use what is available.

That being said, in addition to the 3rd gen effects, if there was anyway to add an IR block (in my case, for acoustic) and a 2nd output for that, it would be even more ideal. But, I would be perfectly happy to work around that. It wouldn't actually be necessary.
Having all this in a 1u format that can plug/play with my FC12 would be a must buy for me.

As much as I would love an AFX Native plugin for my DAW, I don't think they want to risk cannibalizing their hardware sales in favor of software.

So I'm betting on a simpler mini-modeler - like TonexOne, UA Ruby/Dream/Lyon/Anti, Boss IR2, Iridium, etc. These seem to be pretty successful launches. They sound good, they're easy to use. Everyone could use something like that as a backup in case they have an issue with their normal amp or pedalboard. And it brings new blood into the Fractal family.

I really do miss the FX8, but FM3/FM9 easily fills that void. I don't like having to twiddle with the input/output levels. I wish it were easier to find the optimum levels (FX8 always seemed to be perfectly tuned for using with an amp).

I really do miss the FX8, but FM3/FM9 easily fills that void. I don't like having to twiddle with the input/output levels. I wish it were easier to find the optimum levels (FX8 always seemed to be perfectly tuned for using with an amp).
Exactly.

circling back to waffles
View attachment 144186
Here I Am Mirror GIF by Jeopardy!

Back
Top Bottom