New Fractal product coming!!

I really think a stomp box amp/cab/possibly one FX block unit is the only thing that makes sense. Something that you just slot into an existing pedal board, rather than the existing units that replace a whole pedal board.

Something I could just toss in my laptop bag would be so sick

It would seem to me, FAS, has captured the entire high/medium level guitar processor market. So, an entry level FAS Starter Model, in an FR Speaker/Power Amp could complete their capture of the entire market, entry level to touring guitarist.

Doubtful they'd put FX into a FR powered cab, since they have both separately already available in the Fractal store.

I could see perhaps a baby sister to the FM3? But even that seems like a stretch. With the existence of the ToneX line, and even the Strymon Iridium, it seems unlikely to me they'd enter into the "inexpensive" virtual amp+cab space.

Maybe an effects-only thing? That seems like a stretch too. There are so many options already.

I've speculated a few ideas, but I'm confident it won't be any of the above. :p None of my guesses will be right.

I’d honestly be surprised if it’s a lower end Axe FX/FM type unit. From a market perspective, I always thought FAS is looked at as a premium higher end brand and a simpler but cheaper unit may not be how Cliff sees FAS.

After rethinking my speculation theory, my new bet is an Audio Interface, with FM3 power inside, with the ability to run an AxeFx Plugin.
That would not cannibalize their pro level AFIII, or FM9 and, their mid range FM3, and I think they’re not interested by the low end market.
My first bet of a pedal sized FM2 is very unlikely because it would kill the FM3.
That said, Kemper is selling fast his kemper player and ToneX Pedal is a huge hit…

Anybody to speculate on the announcement date?
Thanks

After rethinking my speculation theory, my new bet is an Audio Interface, with FM3 power inside, with the ability to run an AxeFx Plugin.
That would not cannibalize their pro level AFIII, or FM9 and, their mid range FM3, and I think they’re not interested by the low end market.
My first bet of a pedal sized FM2 is very unlikely because it would kill the FM3.
That said, Kemper is selling fast his kemper player and ToneX Pedal is a huge hit…

Anybody to speculate on the announcement date?
Thanks

You know we're all going to be waaaaay off, right? :)

A lot of companies have audio interfaces with some kind of DSP capability. So, the only selling point of a Fractal version would be "because Fractal effects are more awesome". That probably isn't enough to make it pop. Only we Fractal nerds would even care about that.

Last edited:
Now what I would do if I was Cliff?
Probably a cheaper unit, around $600 to compete with HX stomp/Kemper player.
That would make a best seller, using algorithmic assets in a easy way, with a small screen, and very easy signal path : linear input gate/comp/gain stomp/mod stomp/amp/dynacab/mod/dly/rev/eq.
But that would also cannibalize a little the fm3…

Just bought an Eventide h90 because I love their effects and the true spillover from any preset to another. Return window is closing soon.. and I really dig fractal effects as well, so if you’re putting out a new FX only product, blink once for “yes” and twice for “no”.

Back
Top Bottom