New FM3 user, two questions (sticky home button, recording to Pixel 6).

Boy_Narf

Hello Everyone!

I just picked up a second hand FM3 and I'm loving it so far! I've got two questions.

1. The home button is "sticky", seems like something was spilled on it. I can press it a few times to free it up but it gets stuck again after a while. Anyone have any suggestions for this? Am I safe to wipe a bit of isopropyl around the button to hopefully clean the gunk out?

2. I've got a USB-C --> USB-B cable for some direct recording to my phone. If I use something like bandlab it works fine, but bandlab is just too complicated for me. I was hoping to use the built in audio recorder on my Pixel 6 to capture ideas/riffs. It automatically saves them to the cloud making it easy to review them on my computer later. When the FM3 connected to the phone, the recorder app says "using external mic", but it doesn't pickup any audio. There are really no settings in the recorder app so I'm not sure where else to look. Bandlab OTOH just worked and I didn't have to change anything. Has anyone had any luck getting the stock Pixel audio recording app to work with their Fractal unit?

Thanks,

Yeah, you can clean it pretty safely. Just don't use too much liquid or too wet of a towel.

If it's still sticky, I'll sometimes use graphite lubricant. A little bit goes a long way.

Thanks I'll give it a once around with a qtip and some isopropyl.

Now onto question two :)

Anyone?

I also tried n-track studio and it took a bit of setting up but got it working. Defiantly not a easy way to export the audio either.

Last edited:
Have you checked your USB settings in the FM3? Does it show you're having output? Have you routed your output to the USB and made sure it was turned up?

Hi, I think it's an issues with the default android recorder. I'm able to use other apps fine but not that one. Looks like many folks are having issues with it. Hopefully it will get patched one day. For now I will use bandlab. Aside from a few clicks and pops it's working great!

I don’t know if this helps, but the default simple recording app for the iPhone only uses the built in mic. It doesn’t allow compliant USB connections. That’s what Garage Band is for. It may be by design on the Android and not a bug.

Hey, thanks. They added the functionality last year. It even says (usb microphone) when I plug in the fm3 but there is no sound. I'll use bandlab for now. They have a cloud sharing service so I can still grab all my demos on the computer.

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom