New FM3 but no output from OUT 2

Set Output 2 mode to Copy Output 1. Turn up Output 2 knob. It shouldn't be that hard to make it work.

Set Output 2 mode to Copy Output 1. Turn up Output 2 knob. It shouldn't be that hard to make it work.
I did that and was able to get my guitar signal through the speakers but was still unable to get computer sound, so I figure I'll just get XLR to 1/4" cables so I can use OUT1.

iu

One thing to add is that afaik there’s no way to pipe computer audio to out2, as you experienced. It only goes to out1. This occasionally bugs me a little but yeah, you sort out your out1 connection and never look back.

You're making the same mistake as stickyresin :).
? I'm not following. Isn't unix-guy just saying what la noise does below? That's what I did with my 3 and it worked immediately (had to get into the manual to find the method!). Before discovering that I was envisioning having to edit the output of every preset!

Setup>I/O>Output 2 Configuration>Output2 Copy = Output 1

Stickyresin--you mention lower guitar volume than expected. Have you pulled up the Meter page when playing to check signal levels. This will let you know if there is a loss of signal in any block. I suggest testing everything on a factory preset. It's possible the volume problem could be external to the 3. Good luck.

? I'm not following. Isn't unix-guy just saying what la noise does below? That's what I did with my 3 and it worked immediately (had to get into the manual to find the method!). Before discovering that I was envisioning having to edit the output of every preset!
It's quite common to assume that will do what stickyresin is asking, but, as he discovered, no, it doesn't :).

Are you referring to not having computer audio?
That's right. That has tripped up many folks before him and unix-guy.

Anyway, he's looking for an option that doesn't entail diving into I/O settings or presets or the manual. He has correctly concluded the best option in that case is to use Output 1, as Chris suggested near the start of this thread :).

That's right. That has tripped up many folks before him and unix-guy.

Anyway, he's looking for an option that doesn't entail diving into I/O settings or presets or the manual. He has correctly concluded the best option in that case is to use Output 1, as Chris suggested near the start of this thread :).
I wasn't commenting about the computer audio. The OP was about audio from the FM3 to Output 2... Unless I'm confused?

The computer audio is a secondary issue as far as I'm aware.

In any case, yes, the computer audio issue is more complicated :)

This is a big shortcoming of the FM3, imho. You need xlr splitter cables to make this work.
I had a thread on the exact same thing at TGP. It’s a kludge, but it works.
I agree it is a little odd that this is the case, but tbh I think I also let my immediate frustration get the better of me there. It really wasn't a huge deal to get the XLR cables instead of the 1/4".

This is a big shortcoming of the FM3, imho. You need xlr splitter cables to make this work.
I had a thread on the exact same thing at TGP. It’s a kludge, but it works.
Splitter? Just connect output 1 to your monitors with an XLR cable and you're done. No splitter is necessary for the simple case stickyresin is asking about. He wanted a 1/4" jack instead of XLR, like there is on the Axe-FX II. The FM3 simply isn't physically big enough to offer both XLR and 1/4" jacks for out 1.

Edit: stickyresin beat me to the reply :).

Splitter? Just connect output 1 to your monitors with an XLR cable and you're done. No splitter is necessary for the simple case stickyresin is asking about. He wanted a 1/4" jack instead of XLR, like there is on the Axe-FX II. The FM3 simply isn't physically big enough to offer both XLR and 1/4" jacks for out 1.

Edit: stickyresin beat me to the reply :).
Yeah it's funny, now I think I actually prefer the XLR connections. They seem sturdier than the 1/4" connectors.

Back
Top Bottom