New FM3 but no output from OUT 2

Hey,
I'm sure this is user error but I'm getting no output from the OUT2 in the back. I've connected standard 1/4" cables from the OUT2 to my computer monitor speakers but no luck.
I'm getting output from the headphone out but that's it. Any suggestions?

Did you put an OUT 2 block in your preset or set Output 2 to copy Output 1 in the I/O menu? Also make sure you turn up the physical OUT 2 knob on the FM3.

Did you put an OUT 2 block in your preset or set Output 2 to copy Output 1 in the I/O menu? Also make sure you turn up the physical OUT 2 knob on the FM3.
Forgive my ignorance but I'm not exactly how to follow that. In the FM3 Edit I only see an option for "OUT 1". With my II I don't remember having to set any blocks to output sound?
The physical knob is turn up but still no output.
I'm also getting no sound from my computer going through the FM3 to OUT2.

Last edited:
Computer audio goes through Out 1. Best to connect using that and avoiding having to adjust several other things.

Well I would prefer to use the quarter inch R+L inputs of OUT 2 like with my Axe FX II.
It works the same as an Axe-FX II. Out 1 is the main output. Out 2 is intended for use primarily as an effects loop, but can be used for other purposes, but only if you take extra steps to change settings to make that happen. Out 2 isn't by default identical to Out 1 on any Fractal device.

Do you have an out 2 block in your preset?
If I understand that correctly I'm assuming I would go to the block at the end of the chain currently labeled "Out 1" however when I go to the tab to adjust it there doesn't seem to be an option for "Out 2". (For sure this is user-error/ignorance on my part.)

It works the same as an Axe-FX II. Out 1 is the main output. Out 2 is intended for use primarily as an effects loop, but can be used for other purposes, but only if you take extra steps to change settings to make that happen. Out 2 isn't by default identical to Out 1 on any Fractal device.
Gotcha, just trying right now to assign Out 2 so it can output into my speakers both my guitar signal and the computer sound. I set the Output2 Copy = Output 1 but that didn't seem to change anything.

If I understand that correctly I'm assuming I would go to the block at the end of the chain currently labeled "Out 1" however when I go to the tab to adjust it there doesn't seem to be an option for "Out 2". (For sure this is user-error/ignorance on my part.)
You need to change the block from out 1 to out 2, not adjust something in out 1.

You need to change the block from out 1 to out 2, not adjust something in out 1.
Ah okay my dumb ass was trying to change the Output on the bottom icon below the grid instead of just right-clicking the block itself.
So I'm getting guitar sound now (although the output seems low), but how would I also get sound from my computer?

That's not how it works. I hate to be that person, but you might find the user manual illuminating.
Fair enough, I figured I'd give the forum a go for quick answers but I suppose this is more involved. I would have thought it'd be easier just to get sound into my speakers using the outputs as it was not difficult at all with the II.

Fair enough, I figured I'd give the forum a go for quick answers but I suppose this is more involved. I would have thought it'd be easier just to get sound into my speakers using the outputs as it was not difficult at all with the II.
It works the same as the II. Honestly, if you're looking for a shortcut to get things working, @chris gave you the best advice. Ignore him at your peril :).

It works the same as the II. Honestly, if you're looking for a shortcut to get things working, @chris gave you the best advice. Ignore him at your peril :).
Gotcha, I guess I was just looking to use quarter inch jacks, but if it's much less complicated just to use the XLR (or whatever they are) inputs of OUT1 than I can accept that. I just have to go and buy them lol.

Back
Top Bottom