New FM ???

As I see, based only on processing power, Axe-FX 2 could still run all the current modeling advances, better than a FM3.

But there may be some technical differences I'm not aware off.

I think I read some talk about 64 bit computing that the new DSPs can do and the older can't.

its a completely different platform though

Please @FractalAudio if you design a new FM/model, consider adding one mic input. It is usefule for singer, to modulate effect (vocoder?) or to capture IR without extenal mic preamp, or as multifx for any unplugged musical instrument. The ability to run parallel chain make the FM3 on stage an astonishing personal musical hub.
I should add mic is useful for triamp with real cab. While for a rack unit a separate rack preamp it's not a big deal, for a floor model it may be an issue.
I have made some vocal patch with AX8, while using FM3 for guitar; AX8 has advance tweakability no other floor vocal processor offer (controll reverb and delay with pitch & envelope give great result...).

In case of new FM, I wish the physical button to be illuminated. In dark or insufficent light, when on the fly adjustment are need, I press "edit" instead of "Store", or "exit" instead of "page <<" because I had to guess where the button are... maybe a user setting (button light on/off)?

In case of new FM, I wish the physical button to be illuminated. In dark or insufficent light, when on the fly adjustment are need, I press "edit" instead of "Store", or "exit" instead of "page <<" because I had to guess where the button are... maybe a user setting (button light on/off)?
This is a really good idea. I've been running into this issue recently.

Is that what the buzz is? Is there a new FM3 on the horizon? I’m looking to go totally sans amp for future gigs but want to avoid buying something at end of product life. That’s exactly what happened to me a few months after buying the FX8 II. The FM3 came out. Yes I know, apples/oranges (or effects vs SIMS), but had the FM3 been around a frw months earlier, I could’ve gone amp-less back then.
Just askin’

Is that what the buzz is? Is there a new FM3 on the horizon? I’m looking to go totally sans amp for future gigs but want to avoid buying something at end of product life. That’s exactly what happened to me a few months after buying the FX8 II. The FM3 came out. Yes I know, apples/oranges (or effects vs SIMS), but had the FM3 been around a frw months earlier, I could’ve gone amp-less back then.
Just askin’
At no point did anyone say, infer or otherwise imply that there was a new FM3 on the horizon ...
Just sayin'

Tom Quail has a decent Video/demo of some tones of the QC and yeah is kinda kewl:eyes:. But I'm set with my Live Gold FM3 unit such good tones and love it

Just askin’
Wow I never put 2 and 2 together on the Sans Amp brand name until your post 🤯

True story I had a dream a few nights ago I was in a giant music store and I was trying to buy an FM7. The kids that worked there kept trying to sell me something else because they couldn't find it in stock. Finally after going through multiple aisles and different floors we find where it is and when they find out I have an AxeFx III and they cant imagine why I would want the FM7 that was less powerful and not just buy the foot controller to go with the III. And they seemed to make a lot of sense. It was a little bit of a let down cause I spent the entire dream just trying to find the FM7. Not sure what this all means except maybe to cut down on the melatonin. I'm open to interpretations, any thoughts?

True story I had a dream a few nights ago I was in a giant music store and I was trying to buy an FM7. The kids that worked there kept trying to sell me something else because they couldn't find it in stock. Finally after going through multiple aisles and different floors we find where it is and when they find out I have an AxeFx III and they cant imagine why I would want the FM7 that was less powerful and not just buy the foot controller to go with the III. And they seemed to make a lot of sense. It was a little bit of a let down cause I spent the entire dream just trying to find the FM7. Not sure what this all means except maybe to cut down on the melatonin. I'm open to interpretations, any thoughts?
I had a dream that my garage door, when opening or closing, became mysteriously silent overnight.

Last edited:
I haven't used one. Of course Andertons was going crazy, they're a dealer. Do you really think they would say bad things about a product they sell?
Lol.
Lee Anderton: This thing is the biggest piece of shit I’ve ever touched- I’m sick to my stomach that I gotta eat a dozen of these turds.
Stay away people- even I couldn’t look myself in the mirror if I sold you this cluster fuck.

Back
Top Bottom