New Fishman Pro EQ Question

rsvette12

Power User
Hi Guys

Thought I try out an eq before the axe to turn eq on the fly instead of fiddling with axe edit to much pretty cool

Question is I have Wireless guitar unit into the eq then into the input 1 of Axe seems fine but not sure its correct way to do it and get the most out of eq unit

is there a better way of doing it ? thanks so much

Attachments

• 2023-05-23_14-23-14.jpg
    2023-05-23_14-23-14.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 8
It may be useful to put in it the FX loop so you can place the block wherever you like in the chain. Any reason why you wouldn't use the built in EQ's and use channel switching?
Thanks JC - I luv using knobs on the fly way better while playing than trying to move mouse around

Compressor on the fly is great also

Any tips on how to do FXloop version I have no idea but sounds interesting - thanks Buddy

Thanks JC - I luv using knobs on the fly way better while playing than trying to move mouse around

Compressor on the fly is great also

Any tips on how to do FXloop version I have no idea but sounds interesting - thanks Buddy

Nothing wrong with buying the pedal, but before shelling out money on the hardware, you might want to play with setting up the "Performance Page" on the front panel to include your EQ parameters you like to tweak. That would make it fast and easy and give you knobs!

I quick found this video that's pretty short about how to setup the Performance Page with your desired parameters. The video shows a chorus effect, but you can do the same with EQ

It may be useful to put in it the FX loop so you can place the block wherever you like in the chain. Any reason why you wouldn't use the built in EQ's and use channel switching?

Dont think loop works well - think the cables are hooked up fine from video - but grid doesnt work well for an eq his multiplexer block works for his unit not for an EQ - as always thanks but looks like this method doesnt work well with an EQ - sounds terrible

I can offer you some suggestions to optimize your setup and get the most out of your EQ unit.

Thank you Owen not good at cable routing - hopefully you could post a pic of the setup your thinking about

Especially the grid in axe edit

I dont think the unit is working completely the way I am doing it (see pic) - making changes on EQ seem very subtle and thinking your way will be much better

This config doesnt need any grid changes in Axe-edit but probably not ideal

Thanks for the help :)

Attachments

• 2023-05-24_7-45-34.jpg
    2023-05-24_7-45-34.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 9
I put a another pic together that I can gather from your explanation - still confused :(

Also your method doesnt have to have blocks in axe-edit grid ?

Thank you

Attachments

• 2023-05-24_8-33-38.jpg
    2023-05-24_8-33-38.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 3
Ok this is what works - the thing that was throwing me was from exploring Youtube and forums the cables from EQ and to the fractal was the opposite of what was recommended - guess this unit works differently than other pedals

That said it subtle on changes of the settings especially bass - mids and treble knobs - but the compressor and quick drive switch is nice to have at my finger tips

NOTE: The volume knob on the Fishman EQ has to be lowest it will go or you wont hear stereo in axe only one side - weird but no biggie - thats what my volume pedals for

Thanks All

Cable diagram and grid layout below here:

Last edited:
According to the screen shot you posted, your Pro EQ is going from In1 to Out1, bypassing everything in your chain. Bypassing the Amp block, the Cab block, and all your effects. Is this really what you intended?

According to the screen shot you posted, your Pro EQ is going from In1 to Out1, bypassing everything in your chain. Bypassing the Amp block, the Cab block, and all your effects. Is this really what you intended?

Im all ears Rex - I put EQ on same grid line as amp - cab etc. doesnt work at all - what are you thinking I should change ?

Im hearing all the effects

Wheres all the heavy hitters ? Fractal ?

I think its not working properly - its sounds ok but EQ knobs arent doing much - so probably not working properly any help would be much appreciated - pay to figure it out just want to get this thing working :)

Now we are talking routing of cables above is correct but after thinking thru Rex thoughts I put everything on same grid line and this is the key to get it to work:

You have to change in setup to Sum L+R in Input 3 - thats why the balance was wonky - thanks Rex your a star

Works great now

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom