New FAS Amp Models Gallery & More Ares 02.00 - Axe FX II

Many thanks MDProd!
Nice work; guitarists like that ;-)
In germany we say, that eating isn't only a thing of taste, than also a thing of SEEING, what I'm gonna eat ;-)

Regards,
Mike

This bad ass, thank you, I will know what i am getting when IF I EVER, get the cash to get
the axe-ii mark ii. If anyone has one to donate, please let me know. :) If it's broken, I'll fix it!

Great job - lots of info in there and fun to read.

I think though, that there is a fault in your description of the Car Roamer (Carr Rambler).

I've used a real Rambler as my on of my main amps for > 10 years and have never heard any "Vox" in it - only BF and Tweed Fender, like a bigger more warm and rounded BF Deluxe reverb that could get tweedish if dialed in for that.

I remembered seeing Steve Carr (Owner of Carr Amplifiers) say that the Rambler was essentially a mix of a Princeton Reverb and a Tweed Pro.

EDIT : Found a youtube video where Steve Carr talks about building a Rambler

Check around the 3:45 mark, where he says "it's a little bit a merger of a Princeton Reverb style circuit with a Tweed Pro, you know with some tweaks and some different things"

RB

Last edited:
Yes it's certainly true.

But it's a just a description "Fender-meets-Vox", see this post by Cliff: #10:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/carr.78974/#post960532

Yeah I remember that post by Cliff, but I still think that it's a bit misleading, as I think most people will read that as a "tonal" description more than a "circuit" description.
Anyways according to Steve Carr a "Black Face - Tweed bastard child" or more politely "BF meets Tweed" description would be more correct :)

Again - nice job you did on this and I don't mean to get into an argument here or rough anybody's feathers - just wanted to provide the info from Steve Carr about the basis for the Rambler circuit.

Back
Top Bottom