New Factory Presets - Axe-Fx II XL/XL+

Doesn't seem quite right. Some of those v6 presets are still part of v8.02.

Good to know. Post removed for now then, I'll double check my method when I have a chance again and post non-misinforming info later. Thanks yek

Alright, pretty sure this info is accurate... for those who were interested in such things, here's the list of different preset names in the update:

in vQ801 not in vQ6

055 Herbie 2+
075 Vibrato Verb
076 TX Star
088 Capt Hook
090 Corncob
099 Tucana
104 Alien Surfer
108 StratoFish
110 Glass Lead
111 Edge of Breakup
112 Get Your Kicks
113 Subtle Blues
114 Chainsaw 88
116 Destructive Appetite
118 Tiny Terrier
121 Still Blue
123 Small Box
125 Class-A Bright
136 Pentalizer III
150 Phaser Paradise 3
155 A Major Harmony 2
159 Wind Chimes 3
162 1/8 note FilterTrem
171 Avant Garde Delays 2
176 Plexi Bi-Amp
183 Zero Flangers XY
226 Arpeggiator M@ness (Bmi)
233 Envelope Phaser 2
239 PolyOctaveGen
249 Music Box 2 (C)
252 Sweep Band Delays
265 Rotary Rate Scenes
266 The Planets 2
275 Dripping Wet 2
280 Delay Pan Alpha
284 Uber Chugga 2
290 Bass Ackwards 2
294 Shifted BandTaps
306 Phaze Fuzz
314 Longer Verb Scenes
323 CE-1 Chorus/Vibe XY
327 Stereo Deathfuzz
329 Ambient Guitar Scenes
335 Solar Eclipse 2
341 Blitz III
342 The Final Frontier 2
362 Crystal Scion Scene
363 Jeff Gets Ready TM
364 FilteRing Funk Scenes

in vQ6 not in vQ802

055 Herbie 2-
075 Junior Blues
076 Can You Hear it Ring?
088 100W Plexi
090 Euro Red Modern
099 Round Lead
104 Mr. Benson
108 Funk #49
110 EVH Circa 1982
111 Teh Brootalz
112 1959 SLP
113 Angle Severe
114 Highway 66
116 Sweet Child
118 Blues Aroncino
121 Still Got the Blues
123 Mark Day's HBE
125 Solo 100
136 Pentalizer II
150 Phaser Paradise 2
155 A Major Harmony
159 Wind Chimes 2
162 1/8note FilterTrem
171 Avant Garde Delay
176 Crossover L:Low R:Hi
183 Thru-Zero Null Flanger
226 Arpeggiator Madness
233 Envelope Phaser
239 5 octaves of fun
249 Music Box
252 Sweep Band Delay
265 Slow Rotary
266 The Planets
275 Dripping Wet
280 Panning Delays
284 Uber Chugga
290 Bass Ackwards
294 BandTaps
306 Vintage Spring
314 Long Verb
323 CE-1 Chorus
327 Squeaky Clean
329 Ambient Guitar
335 Solar Eclipse
341 Blitz II
342 The Final Frontier
362 2290 Delay 2
363 Chorused Reverb
364 FilteRing Funk

Probably from Cab Pack 21 which includes the JC-120 speakers.

Stock cab 094 is also a fine IR combined with the Jazz amp model.

Really looking forward to hearing these updated presets on the Mark I and II. Having the creators of the algorithms create presets to demonstrate the properties and nuances of those algorithms is a real treat and a "Learning Manual" in and of itself. I know its a lot of work, but there must be some satisfaction in knowing that your work will save the user base hundreds of hours of trying to do it themselves. Thanks, guys.

Really looking forward to hearing these updated presets on the Mark I and II. Having the creators of the algorithms create presets to demonstrate the properties and nuances of those algorithms is a real treat and a "Learning Manual" in and of itself. I know its a lot of work, but there must be some satisfaction in knowing that your work will save the user base hundreds of hours of trying to do it themselves. Thanks, guys.

+1.000.....

+1.000.....
Cant we just use that Fractool to convert the presets for our Mark I units?

They are still my blueprints to this day, not just the amps, but also the "weird ones". Try Axes and Plexi 50W Treble, used just those two alone as a starting point on so many studio jobs.......

"Crystal Scion Scene" is one of my favorite new factory presets.
Use scenes and pedal (external 1).

Probably from Cab Pack 21 which includes the JC-120 speakers.

Stock cab 094 is also a fine IR combined with the Jazz amp model.

Hi yek

Thanks.
I deleted my post in this thread asking about the that IR because I saw up-thread that it *was* from a JC120.
Still a little miffed about the relation of this IR to Stock Cab #094, but just a little bit.
Doesn't seem to be any relation afaics.

So, I updated the new factory presets into banks B,C and D ( I keep bank A for my own presets).
Then I discover all my own bank A presets now don't have the correct user cab (global blocks) anymore. I had to go through all 75+ presets re-assigning the correct global block. What happened there??
When I updated to 8.02 from 7.02 and loaded Q6 presets, I experienced the same "global blocks switcheroo bug" in my global blocks for my CAB. My normal user 9 was switched with a random user cab and saved across all presets utilizing that global block. I had to manually unlink, save my CAB blocks across all of my BANK A (user presets). Then I redid my assignments for global blocks for CAB 1/2 etc.
It forced me to keep backups of my BANK A on the XL. I want to load the new factory presets, but I'm afraid even possessing a proper backup, may result in the same CAB bug. Maybe I can simply load the new banks into BCD and if the bug persists, reload User Bank into A and it'll override the possible bug. I think for now, I'll leave everything alone until the fall, when things slow down.

If I were the one working on these presets for dated equipment, I know how I would respond..,

Must've hopped between 25+ of these presets last night (something I'd never do at a show ordinairly) & all delivered with nothing more than volume/tone pot adjustments on the guitar. So my amp tweaking days are basically over, it's difficult to improve on much of what's already done here. I can't tell you how delighted I am about this. Many thanks for the quality work...

Last edited:
My God! These presets are simply spectacular! You are the nicest gentleman on the planet to offer this fantastic upgrade. Nothing needs changing! They are perfect. You could just offer these only to XL users and watch as your sales climb...but you have style as well as genius. That is a rare combination. I will always support this company. When your next magic instrument arrives, I will be in line. Kudos...

Back
Top Bottom