New Factory Presets - Axe-Fx II XL/XL+

Dumb question from a Mark II user. Because we only have Bank A,B,C without any space for our own presets, any tips on how/where to save my own presets before I import the factory ones - as I presume that would overwrite anything I have currently in banks A,B, C? I suppose I would then delete the factory presets I don't like and then import my own once that is done (that is a little scary LOL)?

Make a backup using Fractal-bot. Then you can open bank files with Axe edit and rearrange your presets how you want.

Make a backup using Fractal-bot. Then you can open bank files with Axe edit and rearrange your presets how you want.
The mark II is limited to 384 presets, which is equal to the factory presets A, B, C. I presume I have to go through all the factory presets and delete the 30 I don't like to make use for my 30, correct?

Dumb question from a Mark II user. Because we only have Bank A,B,C without any space for our own presets, any tips on how/where to save my own presets before I import the factory ones - as I presume that would overwrite anything I have currently in banks A,B, C? I suppose I would then delete the factory presets I don't like and then import my own once that is done (that is a little scary LOL)?
Use Axe-Edit's Axe-Manage Presets to audition the presets. When you find one you want to keep, copy it to an unused preset slot.

I just downloaded these presets last night, and I'm finding that on scene 2 on these presets have a whole bunch of effects all in one line on at once ... this is not normal... is it? What went wrong?

I just downloaded these presets last night, and I'm finding that on scene 2 on these presets have a whole bunch of effects all in one line on at once ... this is not normal... is it? What went wrong?
Those are default states for scenes that haven't been worked on. That's usually a sign that the preset author didn't intend Scene 2 to be used.

Thanks FAS! What a joy to click through the presets. Spent the evening sorting out all the Presets I want to have access to in the box...Been awhile since I played and I'm amazed and grateful at how good this box sounds...

There are new factory presets for the Axe-Fx II XL+ (and XL). These consist of Cliff's latest Bank A presets (previously released) plus newly tweaked versions of Bank B and Bank C. The presets in Bank B and C were treated as follows:

1. Changed/re-selected Amp block TYPE to "reset" the model.
2. Checked and adjusted levels using the VU meters.
3. Made a few tweaks along the way.

As time permits, I will work on converting for the Axe-Fx II original/Mark II.

Use Fractal-Bot to install these. You can download the set here:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloa.../8.0/AxeFX_II_XLPLUS_Factory_Banks_vQ8p02.zip
Are better than 10.01 firmware all the banks?

Although they may sound a little different, I can still get an idea; will these presets work on Q6.03? I think I need a second "bang around" axe for experimentation purposes lol

Back
Top Bottom