New EP out now! 5 tracks feat. FW18 and Ownhammer V3 bass and guitar IR's!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Today we released our new EP entitled 'Remnants'!
You can listen to the full EP on soundcloud:

We always open our shows with Maze because it's groovy, moody and catchy! It has a guitar solo in the middle section.
Our longest track. This song also has some groovy moody sections to it, it's dynamic and our most 'epic' track if you will...
Catchy and laid back until the final chorus, there this song kind of erupts with intense vocals and a guitar solo.
Our shortest, fastest and heaviest track perhaps, I love playing this one live!
This is our most relaxed track. It's melancholic, dynamic and moody.

Link to the full playlist: https://soundcloud.com/raptor-music-nl/sets/raptor-remnants-ep

Or on Youtube for better audio quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMYpxCn_tjI&list=PLqqehzr3qGn1i2Xmo08TbPwn5Ha9H4Ig9

We used the Axe FX with the latest firmware for every single guitar track, also bass!
Ownhammer V3 IR's were exclusively used for cab modeling, also bass.
For the rhythm guitars I used the Recto amps paired with various V3 IR's.
The ENGL V30-MB-08 was used for the main dual tracked guitars so that's my main sound mostly.
For the bass (which our bassist tracked with his awesome 5-string Fender Jazz bass) I used a dual amp preset featuring the SVT bass amp and some new Ownhammer V3 Ampeg 4x10 IR's.
I did re-amp most of the rhythm and bass tracks after the fix in the cab block and I'm loving the results even though the difference was subtle in most cases.
The low-end on the bass got a bit more dynamic and 'alive' sounding after re-amping.

I'm psyched and really happy about how it turned out and I hope someone out there will enjoy it too!

Thanks for listening!

Attachments

• Cover 1.2.jpg
    Cover 1.2.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
LOVING the guitars and song arrangements. That intro to Lonely Boy is seriously awesome. IMO vocals are close to being great the vocalist just needs to be more consistent I think. Like that bridge part in Lonely Boy is very powerful and well done. Lot's of potential in this project

Thank you all for listening!
For those who asked:

We are currently not selling the EP and we're not sure if we will anytime soon.
However I've come up with an idea to please everyone I hope :)
If you do a few easy things to help the band I will send you a free copy of the EP in high bitrate mp3:

-like Raptor on Facebook here: www.facebook.com/raptorbandnl
-reply to our recent post about the release of the EP and drop a like (btw don't mention this special offer there, I want this exclusive for now).
-share a link to our EP and Facebook site on your wall.

If you do these things you deserve a free EP! :)
Don't forget to send me or the band a message on Facebook.
I'll then get in touch with you and send you a link.
this can be very helpful for us because we aren't well known and we could use all the support we can get.
I hope some of you like this plan!

-

Back
Top Bottom