FM3 New EP - all FM3 fuzzy alternative rock

Parade

Hi all - first post, I’ve been following and learning from you all since picking up the FM3 a few years ago. On behalf of a lurker, thank you and I appreciate the welcoming community! Here’s my new project using the FM3, you can find it on Bandcamp, Spotify, etc.

Band: Stereo Parade
Album: Tell Me When

I’m a 90s alt-rock guy at heart, a self-taught rudimentary guitarist with a day job… My main passion is songwriting. Writing for my main alt/punk/pop band (Karma Rocket) was always for our amazingly talented singer, I was content to write for her and play rhythm with the occasional vocal.

COVID’s silver lining for me and I imagine many of you was trying new things when the band (and our 10+ years of routine) paused, and I just put out this EP of weirder and fuzzier songs written and performed myself - check it out if you like. One song started as a modular synth idea and one song started on NI Maschine, I never would have tried either before. Also mixing has been a rabbit hole I’ve loved diving into (Ableton) after others had always done for us in the past. No training (yet), using my ears best I can. It’s not easy to finish a project and put yourself out there into the world, but here it is!

All guitars and bass are through the FM3, drums are EZDrummer. After trying many different amp combinations, I actually liked a fuzz factory and sometimes big muff (external pedals) into vibrato lux for most crunchy rhythm guitars in the mix for these. I use Justin York’s gift of tone a LOT. All 4 scenes. Thank you Justin! I had a happy accident with guitar through an AustinBuddy bass preset on the last song on the EP - kept that in and built around it. Bass is a P-bass into various AustinBuddy Ampeg presets.

I’m thankful for the FM3 as a wealth of inspiration and such a convenience in my little home studio. I’m now exploring different ragged/fuzzy tones using Fractal amps - Marshall, Mesa, and still messing with external OD & fuzz. I welcome any thoughts (and think I’ve read every thread twice) on 90s alt/fuzz tone and writing :)

Thanks all - happy holidays!

Back
Top Bottom