New drive format question.

scorch

Experienced
In having to re-dial in most of my drive blocks, I am a bit perplexed as to what is going on in the Tone page of the drive block.

They now default to 5's across the EQ spectrum. Does this mean it's now like an active tone control?

Also, does anyone know what the center frequency of the high-mid is? Sometimes I think the mid control with its variable sweep is pushing into the high mid control.

I know...use my ears and I have, but its leading me to more questions than answers.

In having to re-dial in most of my drive blocks, I am a bit perplexed as to what is going on in the Tone page of the drive block.

They now default to 5's across the EQ spectrum. Does this mean it's now like an active tone control?

Also, does anyone know what the center frequency of the high-mid is? Sometimes I think the mid control with its variable sweep is pushing into the high mid control.

I know...use my ears and I have, but its leading me to more questions than answers.
I would assume it's "active", since 5 is neutral (passive EQs can only subtract). The high mid is a peaking filter around 1100-1200 Hz (measured with pink noise and the RTA).

It might be of importance to point out that the tone section isn't authentic, and not found on the real pedals. It's just an extra tool to help people dial in their preferred sound.

Well that helps a lot. I was suspecting it was like an active filter but some of the inter-action was befuddling me.

I have been using the sweep-able mid at 1700 for some time ( I just like that EQ range in drives) and it make sense that the high-mid at 1200 was throwing a swerving curve at me.

Any insights as to where the treble shelf starts?

Well that helps a lot. I was suspecting it was like an active filter but some of the inter-action was befuddling me.

I have been using the sweep-able mid at 1700 for some time ( I just like that EQ range in drives) and it make sense that the high-mid at 1200 was throwing a swerving curve at me.

Any insights as to where the treble shelf starts?
That's much harder to tell. Using a shelving filter in the PEQ block, I found that around 1700 Hz and a Q of 0.5 was somewhat close.

It used to read -12 to +12 dB. Now it reads 0 to 10. The response is the same EXCEPT for the BB Preamp, AC Boost and RC Boost models. For those models the bass and treble response behaves the same as the real pedal.

Therefore for all but the aforementioned models 0 = -12 dB, 5 = 0 dB and 10 = +12 dB.

Back
Top Bottom