New demo-video online

I'd think it very hard to get that sound normally without much higher volume. It's so much easier to play well if stage volumes are reasonable. I'm seriously considering IEM as well - but it's hard to learn such new tricks when if you're an old (deaf) rocker.... plus I still have this thing about using 'proper' guitar cabs...

Thanks...

Thank you, for your gentle comments.

The sound you hear is the 2 Track recording of the FOH Sound (Yamaha LS9 ). It came as MP3 on an USB-Stick with about -20dB max. volume and was only meant as our safety recording, while we had our own stagebox-split feeded 22 Track digital recording running in parallel.

LS9/MP3/-20dB would normally be too much "no gos" for a lot of fellow musicians and recording people, that I am still surprised, how good the feedback is, especially concerning the sound.

I am still working on a mixdown of the multitrack recording, but I agree, the "just in case" - sound is ok (especially when you know, that everything wrong or odd peaks extremely out of an FOH-recording while everything good sounds somehow unremarkable).

In fact our stage volume is not deafening, but it is not low as well. My drummer uses a headphone with active noise cancelling and I use in-ears, but everybody else is using conventional monitoring.

Again I like to thank you for watching our clip and letting me know, what you are thinking about it. There are 3 or 4 other clips out of this gig, that I'll be working on. They'll be more theme oriented like DRIVE! moody, DRIVE! dancefloor, DRIVE! rocking or so. I'll be anouncing them when they're ready. So stay tuned...

Back
Top Bottom