New CEBA covers 😊

jetdriver1775

Experienced
My new CEBA magnetic covers for my FM9 just arrived. They’re even better than I expected. Very high quality, and look cool imo. Then I added some black barefoot buttons (V1 minis) to complete the look I was going for. The buttons are just the right size as to not block the LED ring, and also have more than enough clearance to activate the switch with the covers on. I’m very pleased 😊

Just thought you guys might wanna check it out.

Attachments

• FD09796D-BB07-44E4-A024-75394593EB95.jpeg
    FD09796D-BB07-44E4-A024-75394593EB95.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 389
  • 91E2EE1F-CE35-4BD1-A7DD-C0373C35461F.jpeg
    91E2EE1F-CE35-4BD1-A7DD-C0373C35461F.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 371
  • 241F27EE-393B-40DE-B0B4-76AA328E09FA.jpeg
    241F27EE-393B-40DE-B0B4-76AA328E09FA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 257
  • AF54FF95-036B-424E-BFD8-866326B263B0.jpeg
    AF54FF95-036B-424E-BFD8-866326B263B0.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 255
  • 01ECC3C0-1D68-4426-81E4-EBAC4BC13C3D.jpeg
    01ECC3C0-1D68-4426-81E4-EBAC4BC13C3D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Nice! That looks like a great way to protect the various screens.

Can you still use the buttons with the cover on? I see that there are access holes cut out for them, but I imagine it would be difficult to actuate them considering how recessed they are.

Agreed, they're much nicer in person.... They really seem to dress up the FM9. That said, I do wonder whether gigging musicians might have problems with overhead lights...

And yeah, the buttons wind up recessed a bit, but for me that's a worthwhile trade-off in exchange for protecting the screens. Just less likely to press a button by accident!

Yes the buttons are recessed, but not in a cumbersome way. I wear a size 11 ring, and my fingers have no problems touching the buttons.

Yes, there are less expensive button topper options than barefoot buttons. I already had several in a drawer, so I ordered a few more to make 9. I prefer metal there, since they take a beating.

My new CEBA magnetic covers for my FM9 just arrived. They’re even better than I expected. Very high quality, and look cool imo. Then I added some black barefoot buttons (V1 minis) to complete the look I was going for. The buttons are just the right size as to not block the LED ring, and also have more than enough clearance to activate the switch with the covers on. I’m very pleased 😊

Just thought you guys might wanna check it out.
Awesome! My set of covers arrives Wednesday this week. Did you have any trouble installing these, or do they attach easily? (Guessing there's a YT vid that tells us how...)

Did you have any trouble installing these, or do they attach easily?
There's nothing to it: You just position it over where it goes and gently lower it until you hear the soft click of the magnets contacting the chassis. You can very slightly reposition them once they're on....

(It's much better than the installation on Helix, which uses double-sided tape. Then again, everything's better since I left Helix!!)

There's nothing to it: You just position it over where it goes and gently lower it until you hear the soft click of the magnets contacting the chassis. You can very slightly reposition them once they're on....

(It's much better than the installation on Helix, which uses double-sided tape. Then again, everything's better since I left Helix!!)
Will standard foot switch toppers fit over the guards (i.e. where the footswitch buttons reside)? Or are CEBA toppers required?

Will standard foot switch toppers fit over the guards (i.e. where the footswitch buttons reside)? Or are CEBA toppers required?
Mine are Barefoot Buttons brand (metal - v1 mini model) not CEBA brand. I think most topper types will work with the CEBA cover.

Last edited:
Mine are Barefoot Buttons brand (metal - v1 mini model) not CEBA brand. I think most topper types will work with the CEBA cover.
Thanks. The ones I've got are Mooer translucent plastic "Candy" toppers. I felt it would be better to allow the display color to shine thru the toppers instead of block light. It's a nice effect; the black ones you showed look pretty rad...

I’d get a set of covers like that for my FC12 if they made them. All I see on their website is strips that cover the screens.

Awesome! My set of covers arrives Wednesday this week. Did you have any trouble installing these, or do they attach easily? (Guessing there's a YT vid that tells us how...)
Counted my chicks before they hatched. My CEBA guards are delayed until next week, Monday.

Delivery carriers are expecting a hefty load after Black Friday, so they're likely saving their energy for the huge responsibility post T-Day shoppers will bless them with. I must be among the folks UPS is letting wait until their carriers freeze their hoodads off over the weekend in the northeast.

Close!

I don’t even want it going around the knobs. I just want a simple rectangle covering the screen, that’s wide and tall enough for 4 magnets in the corners to hold it on.

I swear I’ve seen something like that posted here before? Maybe @ZenRigs Man ??
My new design is a 2-part screen guard. An outer surround that goes around the knobs and a separate clear plastic screen which goes over the main screen. Both are magnetic, so you could choose to use just the screen part if you wish.

I’d get a set of covers like that for my FC12 if they made them. All I see on their website is strips that cover the screens.

They do make the covers with the magnets for the FC12.
I ordered them for mine along with a set for my FM9 when it arrives.

Am quietly chuckling inwardly...UPS can't seem to make up it's mind regards my CEBA delivery. First was scheduled for today, then, Monday. Now, Friday. All I need to reach for is the golden ring so I can enjoy this merry-go-round the remainder of the trip...sheesh.

Back
Top Bottom