New Beyma Cab Boogafunk !! reeeeal nice

joeymexico

Inspired
Hi dudes.. I want to share my new acquisition. Is a small dual ported cab from Boogafunk cabs. It has a Beyma 12 coaxial FR speaker.

THE BEYMA 12XA30ND COAXIAL SPEAKER INCLUDES A 12" WOOFER & A 2" EXIT HIGH FREQUENCY COMPRESSION DRIVER
BOTH HF & LF DRIVERS UTILIZE LIGHTWEIGHT NEODYMIUM MAGNETS
12" WOOFER FEATURES A LARGE 4" VOICE COIL & HIGH 4.0MM XMAX
HF FEATURES AN ALUMINUM RIBBON VOICE COIL W/ A COMBINATION TITANIUM DOME & POLYESTER SURROUND THAT PRODUCES AN EXTREMELY SMOOTH SOUND
HANDLES A POWERFUL 350 WATTS AES & 700 WATTS PROGRAM
WELL SUITED FOR COMPACT PORTED SPEAKER CABINETS
SOUND IS VERY WARM & SMOOTH ON YOUR EARS EVEN TO THE MOST DISCERNING LISTENER!

It was made by Scottie Roberson from Boogafunk. He added a different Xover with better quality parts also. It has a Lpad to control tweeter.
The cab is 3/4 and coated with a high resistant coat. Here is the video of the coat. N4 speakons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEHKSSHg4q8

Well I got to tell you that this cab is a real animal. I was previously using a Mark IV with a 4x12 cab and a 2x12 sometimes. Well I liked the sound but just the high gains. The other patches were very similiar and I had to use a lot of EQ in them to sound nice.
With the Beyma speaker I began clearing all the patches, the less the better tone I was getting. Switching cabs were very cool to hear between an open back vs a 4x12. I even compaired side by side with my real cabs and I made mistakes several times haha... My bandmates couldnt tell which speaker I was using haha...

I am using it with a ART SLA-2 bridged... Although I like the tone more when I use it on the loop with my Mark IV. But the ART SLA is cool enough to carry it on a rack with the Axe and a power conditioner, presto. hehe..
I will only use the Mark IV for special times hehe.... Is real cool cause I can still use the poweramp sims with it, the poweramp of the Mark doesnt alter the low end like other tube amps, so you can let it on and in fact is more cool this way.

I really recommend you to take a bet on this cab, I was going to buy a Verve but from the ones I have heard my cab sounds muuuch better, just compare the specs on the speaker vs Verve.
Scottie is a nice guy to work with, really listens your petitions. I think some of you know him with the Thiele cabs he also makes. I am saving for another to complete the pair hehe...

joey

My cab has a better low end compared to the Verve I guess the construction of the cab itself has to to with it... it is wider and more solid than Verves, also the Beyma speaker smokes the Verve in every spec. You should take a look if you already have a nice amp or you are moving from tubes to SS and FR. The posibility to play with cabs is reaaal cool... it will help your GAS a lot hahaha... with this cab the change of speakers is real cool to hear. The beyma spaker brings more bass and clearly than for example my Marshall JCM 4x12 cab loaded with T75 and G12H, thats why my bandmates couldnt tell which speaker was connected. It is a real surprise to see that one single 12 can deliver more than a 4x12 hahaha.... Scottie is sending the specs and graphs of the speaker so you can check is a real demon.

I ordered the cab last year so prices could have changed... Aprox was 850 dls without the special Xover, with it I guess is something like 1000 but you pay what you get for.... Scottie could give you the correct price for it. The weight is like 40 lb, is not more heavy than a 1x12 tube amp. .. the handle is made of steel and is big and strong so carry it is no problem. One thing I have noticed is that almost all the default patches sound amazing just like they are .... very little adjustment due to the guitar pickups I guess and some volume to your likes but thats all!!! ... is great real great :lol: .. And this is hard for me to say that :D I always complain if the sound is not perfect... Now I hear it like it was suppoused to... Is like having a monitor speaker but with no limit on the power... I use the ART SLA-2 bridged on 580 8 ohms about half its power and is loud enough for rehearsals, and I still have half the output on the amp and in the Axe. ENOUGH FOR ME. The speaker can handle 700 watts so is very unlikely you blow it and that is just perfect...
And if playing with FOH is the perfect monitor hehe... I never thought I could use a monitor for both cases.

I worked with Scottie at Boogafunk to create these cabs, suggesting the Beyma speaker to him and using them to

I actually have an extra pair of these that I'd be willing to sell if someone was really interested.
They were my first pair and the finish on the boxes has a little bit of white haze and the LPADs are not installed (parts would be included, just not onboard :)

Well it was a niiiceee suggestion dude... Really really I have just ordered Scottie a new one cause I want to play on stereo... since my patches were perfect without tweaking I cant be more happy with it... One thing that was a plus was the usage of 3/4 wood on the cabs, it really tightens the bass and sounds powerful, like a Mesa Cab, damn I even think it sounds better than my Mesa Cab no jokiing.... For you that live in USA or near Scottie go and test one I bet you will be really surprised.

Matman said:
I worked with Scottie at Boogafunk to create these cabs, suggesting the Beyma speaker to him and using them to

I actually have an extra pair of these that I'd be willing to sell if someone was really interested.
They were my first pair and the finish on the boxes has a little bit of white haze and the LPADs are not installed (parts would be included, just not onboard :)
But you're digging the Atomic FR's better than these?

They were my first pair and the finish on the boxes has a little bit of white haze and the LPADs are not installed (parts would be included, just not onboard

Hey Matman!The new design that Joey got is quite a bit different! we ditched the beyma crossovers in lieu of a custom one with all 2% tolerance jantzen caps, 14 ga. inductors rated at 800 watts, and the addition of an onboard L pad. the 1.5 db cut beyma offered is just not enough. The components alone cost more than two of the beyma xovers. Hella difference tone! also went with the 3/4 build , heavier but , worth the little extra weight. they are tuned at 65hz flat to 500 (which is all winisd will plot) . Good call on the beyma though! without a doubt the best new speaker ive heard! IMO.

Boogafunk said:

They were my first pair and the finish on the boxes has a little bit of white haze and the LPADs are not installed (parts would be included, just not onboard

Hey Matman!The new design that Joey got is quite a bit different! we ditched the beyma crossovers in lieu of a custom one with all 2% tolerance jantzen caps, 14 ga. inductors rated at 800 watts, and the addition of an onboard L pad. the 1.5 db cut beyma offered is just not enough. The components alone cost more than two of the beyma xovers. Hella difference tone! also went with the 3/4 build , heavier but , worth the little extra weight. they are tuned at 65hz flat to 500 (which is all winisd will plot) . Good call on the beyma though! without a doubt the best new speaker ive heard! IMO.

Welcome to the forum, good to have you with us. There are a lot of cool people here.

So how does the Beyma 1250GA sound in comparison to the 12xa30nd? I know the price is way higher on the 12xa30nd, but for the money is the 1250GA smooth like the 12xa30nd? If I don't need to spend that much money and get a very decnt tone, I may consider the 1250GA. I use the SLA-2, I want smooth, not harsh, but clear, warm and articulate tone. Any suggestions appreciated!
Thanks
Edge59

Several users have the 12GA50, I have heard a set owned by PEEWEE on this forum with an SLA2 and they were surprisingly similar to the Atomics, maybe slightly less detailed, but capable of more loudness. Go search on 12GA50 and you should find it.

Back
Top Bottom