New Band Dreamjack, first recording (using axefx ultra w real poweramp and Zinky Cab)

Jgor

Attached is the first recording with my new band Dreamjack. (Dreamjackband.com) Sort of a Jam band (long, building solos) format mixed with a variety of other influences. Ill let you decide which.

Recorded with my Axe Ultra, running through the power section of a Zinky Amplifier, into a zinky 2x12 open back and miked with a 57, a Sennheiser 421 and a Neumann room mike. I used the Dumble patches (for cleans in the beginning and for the long solo in the middle ( apparently, actually a Bludojai model ), and used an actual fulltone fulldrive before the axefx.

Band consists of Kris Crow (BG vocals, Acoustic guitars Keyboards) , Joe Hite (Lead vocals and keys) , John Wheeler (bass and BG Vocals) Al Arber (Drums, currently also the drummer for the Daryl Stuermer band, the guitar/bass player for Genesis and Phil Collins) and myself, Joe Gorman (guitars, recording and production).

Please let me know what you think.

P.S. for the dumble obsessed guys out there (myself included) , I did not really try to recreate any sort of classic dumble sound here. Its shares some characteristics, but in general, I just love the way this patch interacts with my guitar, the pedals before it, and the amp that it is running through.

Here's the Youtube link:

Last edited:
Great tones, playing, composition and recording! Nice to hear something other than metal (nothing against metal). Thanks for sharing!

Excellent
thumbsup.gif

A great composition. I really enjoyed that and cant wait to hear some more of your work(s). You're working with some quit accomplished people there... how wonderful that must be! :mrgreen

It's nice that the 'Ultra' is still kickin' it... and quite well I might add!

A great composition. I really enjoyed that and cant wait to hear some more of your work(s). You're working with some quit accomplished people there... how wonderful that must be! :mrgreen

It's nice that the 'Ultra' is still kickin' it... and quite well I might add!

Thanks,

Yes, as far as the other players are concerned, Im very blessed in that regard. And yes, the Ultra is still kickin it, but only because I have all its patches tuned to this rig. I will still probably replace it ultimately with my AxeII, but I just have not had time to program it for this rig properly yet.

Back
Top Bottom