New Axe II User + Introduction

Yea, "THE" Blondie. Crazy right?

For Breaking Ben, it depends on the record (I've done the last 3)
For "Phobia" and "Dear Agony" it was alot of Baritone Les Pauls into a Naylor SuperDrive 60 to either a Bad Cat or Matshall 4x12, doubled with either a Bad Cat Lynx 50 or a Peavey 6160 into whichever cab I didn't use on the otherside.
Cabs were mic'd with either a 57 or Audix i5 ( though I've recently switched to telefunken m80's and I am loving it!), and a Royer 122 ( 48v ribbon, which I prefer over the 121 albeit very slightly), API mic pres, into SSL buss compressor ( just for low end "protection, so the palm mute low end doesn't rip through the converters). All of that through Apogee Rosetta 800 converters to Nuendo. No EQs in the chain.

Oh yeah I tend to mic the same speaker with both mics and try my best to align them properly for phase.

So there you have it that is my exact chain, if anyone thinks it's more complicated than that, they are wrong

Never tried the Axe on Bass yet, but I am stoked to!

Greetings Earthlings! I am new here..I am honored to be part of this very helpful and informative forum..what a great bunch of guys (no disrespect if any ladies here also.. hats off) Thanks Rockkato for sharing your gems of knowledge...observing some of your equipment arsenal..I had noticed your mentioning of the Audix i5 mic (a $99 mic) that I was unfamiliar with..it had good reviews, so I decided to add a couple to my mic arsenal today and dang if ain't my lucky day..got a free DR Pro DR256 MS1500BK Low Profile Mic Boom Stand free with it a $59.99 value with each mic..used a coupon for 10% off total price combined with $20 off coupon if you spend a $100 (must make separate purchases to get multiple $20 off its only on the first $100) total final cost $77.45 after discounts free shipping too..had a $7.01 tax because I live in ca otherwise it would be $70.44 WHAT A DEAL..if anybody is interested..GOOD $99 MIC & NICE LOW PROFILE FOR $70ISH..IN CASE THERE ANY TAKERS INTERESTED..NO AFFILIATION JUST A LUCKY GUY TODAY..CHOW..hope I didn't violate any forum rules here today :?

As far as Re amping, I actually use a Radial JD7 for Guitar input and have an out from my DAW patched into input 2. I hit a switch on the Radial and whatever I assign to the reamp out in Nuendo/ Cubase goes to whichever amps I have selected. In this case, I blast all sorts of things through the Axe. Nothing beats a juicy spring reverb from the Axe on a snare drum and Background vocals through the Slow rotary patch are awesome.... Instant Floyd!

Get out of my mind! :) I use a Radial as well. But I don't have that many amps to use, mainly a couple of Fenders and a Vox. I mainly use it for bass through an SVT, or running drum room mics into an amp and, you guessed it, using the spring reverb on them. It's gonna be fun running different things through the axe, can't wait for my coupon...!!

When I play out I don't have to make any changes to my patches (aside from minor broad stroke global EQs being tweaked for the venue which takes a total of 30 seconds to accomplish) using the XLRs to FOH desk and the out 2 to the Bryston and a pair of Tannoys.... Its a freaking dream come true!

Welcome to the forum Kato.

Just a quick question. Which Tannoys are you using live?

Terry.

Been using the i5 on snare for some time now. Little tighter than the 'ole '57.

Back
Top Bottom