New Axe FX user having problems getting started

vtckf

I just got a std AxeFX and am attempting to run it into a VHT 50/50 amp. I'm running the two outputs on Output 1 to the Ch A and B inputs on the VHT, but I get no sound. Cab and power amps are turned off on the global settings...still nothing. The VHT powers up and appears to be working, has new tubes also. Is there something within the AxeFX that could prevent sound from being fed to the VHT? I spent a long time fooling with this only to still not get anything out of it. I've got the input set to analog front too so it's not that. Just have a hard time getting started and don't know what I'm doing wrong.....VHT could have a problem, but the previous owner swears it works fine and seems pretty reputable.
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Things to check:

1. Are the input level LED's on the Axe-Fx lighting up to indicate you have signal in?

2. Go to the status page in the Utility menu. Are you getting output signal?

3. Do you have the output level knob turned up on the Axe-Fx?

4. Do you have the input level knobs turned up on the VHT? Did you take the VHT out of standby?

You need to eliminate the unknowns. Plug your guitar directly into the VHT. It has enough gain that you will hear something if it is working correctly.

Thanks for the help....The problem is with the VHT. I plugged the guitar in it and no sound.
I'll get it checked. I put the AXEFX into a small combo and got sound so It's the VHT unfortuantely. I bought it used and wish I had bought a new one, guess I'll learn the hard way and get it checked out. Will be a while before I can really check out the Axefx, my loss.
Should be killer when it works.

VHT's are prone to popping fuses, especially if it's an older one and the previous owner put 6L6's in it. Check the fuses.

I checked them and the seem OK...VHT powers up and tubes are glowing....no output.
I'll move to another forum as this isn't a Fractal issue.

Back
Top Bottom